Zems

Thanks TJ. I'm thinking I'll

Thanks TJ. I'm thinking I'll probably get them for my "you have to wear shoes!" shoes, haha. They sound pretty sweet, and the pricce tag makes them even more appealing. I think its only the "comfort" Zems that come with the insoles, and I was just going to get the originals anyways. They're supposed to be breathable, so hopefully my feet won't get too hot, though a shoddies version of breathable is way different than my version, which would be based upon flip flops, haha. They're the shoe that finally meets my requirments of minimal, closed toed, and cheap. The seperate toe is a plus too, because people will still know that I don't wear conventional shoes, along with the obvious freedom of movement. Now if only they could be passed for dress shoes, haha.

Custom made huaraches or the kit? I made my own, and they're a bit special, haha, but they work. I actually don't like them nearly as much as I thought I would, but thats just because I discovered how much I like my bare feet.

I got the comfort rounded

I got the comfort rounded ones to allow for more heat loss - that was the reason I would not buy them before they made that version. I would not feel confident that the regular ones would not get too hot.

TJ is right on the lycra

TJ is right on the lycra upper and it really does not get very hot in my opinion. I've run in all kinds of weather, outside of snow, and they just feel comfortable. I like them without the insoles that are not something that just comes with the shoes. I wear both the split toe and the round and love them both but the split toe is my favorite.

Danjo you will like these because they do kind of feel like socks with a rubber bottom and they are super flexible so they fit nicely in back or cargo pocket. I've done a lot of walking around with them in my pocket and just put them on as needed.

Danjo--Yes, my feet DO sweat

Danjo--Yes, my feet DO sweat in them. (I have the low ones that are not AS low as the comfort ones jschwab has.) They get stinky (but are easily washed though drying takes awhile.) If you have feet that sweat, these might bug you in the heat.

I like the feel of running in them better than my huaraches (which have very thin leather soles, maybe 2 mm.) I think it's easier for me to keep better form in the ZEMs. But I like that my feet breathe in the huaraches.

Also I've worn the ZEMs out in public as regular shoes once, but I did feel self-conscious. I'd feel a lot less self-conscious wearing them with long pants that covered them a bit. I like the huaraches for non-running use because they are just cute sandals.

They are the lightest "shoe"

They are the lightest "shoe" that I've ever had on my feet. Seriously. It's just like having socks on. It's very different than VFF, which are a totally different fit/feel. I really hope they work for winter!

Hi Danjo,I got the "one

Hi Danjo,

I got the "one finger" ZEMS. The ZEM line is basically for beach-goers and beach volley ball players. The split toe model was developed when there was a demand from the beach volley ball players to be able to dig in with the big toe for push off.

I got the make-it-yourself kit. I hope I don't suck at this. Even though they were only $20, almost $30 with shipping, I just don't want to deal with the stress of not getting them right the first time.

I'm going to find some time

I'm going to find some time today to put our ZEM ad up, so hold off on your orders if you can; if not, go ahead and order now...I won't blame you.

I'm struggling with it.  I

I'm struggling with it. I worked on this for quite a while today. Cameron is unreachable at this moment.

IT'S ON!  PLEASE ORDER

IT'S ON! PLEASE ORDER AWAY...EVERYBODY! Please let me know when you do, so I can make sure I set it up right.

Ooh, I almost have to buy

Ooh, I almost have to buy them when they're staring me in the face like that! Haha. I think the bright colors cover pretty much their entire advertising scheme, you just see one picture and think "Oh, I want those!". I just hope the colors are still awesome in real life, instead of the pictures where the rest is black and white. I'll probably be buying a pair sometime soon.

The colors are very vibrant,

The colors are very vibrant, and very good looking, and the black stripes on black background is very sharp looking too. Also note, they have a split-toe version as well as a "one finger" version.

I just want to add something

I just want to add something here...

Thank you, Jimmy, for working your hiney off to bring ZEM to us. We appreciate you!

Thanks TJ and I second your

Thanks TJ and I second your comments on the colors. I've seen nearly every color in person and they look good.

Buy a ton of these shoes people! Every time you do, you help make and keep the BRS the best place to be! Money coming in means greatness gets to go out and keep the BRS at the forefront; and all of you can say you had a part in it! It doesn't get any better than that.

The only problem is all the

The only problem is all the colors look so good I can't decide which one I want! The only one I can rule out is the pink, haha.

Well, if you can't decide

Well, if you can't decide which one you want, get one of each. ;)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7