Zems

I love how light and flexible

I love how light and flexible they are too. I've only worn them once running (since I'm still not back in the saddle yet) and I wear them when "shoes" are warrented. Mine don't show any wear yet, but the best thing is that I don't even notice them when they're on. They are def. the lightest "shoe" I own!

Any sense of how they would

Any sense of how they would do in the Winter? They look like an ideal minimalist shoe -- light, flexible, and inexpensive. My aquasocks have done well for a couple Winters, but I'm not sure they are as light and flexible as Zems.

I can pretty much guarantee

I can pretty much guarantee your aqua socks are not as light or as flexible. I'm in texas so I don't have cold weather experience in them yet but I'm planning on using them straight through winter here. Now it's obviously not the same as you guys up north but we get in the teens with a foot or so of snow at times so it will get cold and I have zero doubts that these will perform well.

I'm sure going to give them a

I'm sure going to give them a try this winter. I have the ninja style right now, but I'm thinking if I wear the rounded-toe Zem with warm socks, I should be fine. Of course, if the roads are slushy and nasty, all bets are off! I'm a tad concerned about ice. I doubt I'll get much traction with a Zem, but I probably shouldn't be out on the roads if they're icy!

I've worn mine with socks

I've worn mine with socks once and it was very comfy. In fact, mine fit better with socks (around the ankle area.)

I'm loving all this ZEM

I'm loving all this ZEM feedback! You are right and I can't see any shoe without spikes being much good on ice but one that is light and flexible should be a decent option since you can be and feel agile while on an uncertain surface. Outside of that I'm not sure they'll be great ice shoes :)

Jimmy--I'll give more

Jimmy--I'll give more feedback when I write my review, but my biggest feedback now is, they need separate sizing for men & women. When I did wear mine (low cut) on the beach, I got sand in them--they were big on my ankles.

I'm sold.  I still think my

I'm sold. I still think my aquasocks might do a little bit better when it's snowy and icy, but that's only a small percentage of the Winter.

Everyone wait to order your

Everyone wait to order your ZEMS until we put up our new ad on the BRS site. When you purchase your ZEMS through our ad, the BRS will get a portion of the sale. Thank you very much.

Barefoot TJ wrote:Everyone

Barefoot TJ said:
Everyone wait to order your ZEMS until we put up our new ad on the BRS site. When you purchase your ZEMS through our ad, the BRS will get a portion of the sale. Thank you very much.

And when might this be?? I've got my next pair in my cart...all I have to do click!

Delete cart!  Delete cart! 

Delete cart! Delete cart! Delete cart! I'm supposed to hear from Cameron today. I sent him the banner ads yesterday.

Jimmy - Whats the word on the

Jimmy - Whats the word on the running specific model? Release? Pricing? Will this come to fruition?

I'm getting ready to order a pair of the current model as soon as the banner goes up on BRS.

Jimmy knows more about it

Jimmy knows more about it than me, but I just spoke to Jerry at ZEM, and he said they are working on a running model, but it won't be out anytime soon, probably next year. They're trying to get the thickness just right, not too much, not too little.

Boy I sure hope they don't

Boy I sure hope they don't mess with that too much like Vibram is. Why is it that when a company finds out you're using their product to run, they think they need to then turn it into a running shoe? I hope Zem is being smart!

Legally I am not allowed to

Legally I am not allowed to say much about the shoe just yet which should give you an idea as to whether or not it will come to fruition. I have had a lot of talks with the people at ZEM about these shoes and I can say that from what I have seen and what we agree on, that this shoe will be a really nicely done shoe.

I wish I could just come on here and throw around all of the things about this process that are keeping crazy excited on a daily basis but at the moment I am not permitted. I am running full time in the current model for my Goofy Challenge prep and they are a really great feeling shoe. I still haven't seen much wear on them either and I run primarily on pavement so for them to be over 200 miles and looking like they did after my first run is a nice thing for the price.

So just wondering, what do

So just wondering, what do they feel like? Your review said they had good ground feel, which is great, but what about just the feeling of them on your feet? The main reason I ask is that they look to me like they'd just feel like wearing a sock with a rubber bottom, as opposed to really feeling like a shoe. What is the upper made of? (if not the exact material than at least what its similar too). And also do they get sweaty? I can't stand having hot and sweaty feet.

I just got my freebies Zems

I just got my freebies Zems today. I wish I could give a better, more accurate review, but since I have Morton's Neuroma, anything I put on my feet with a closed toe box causes my nerves to fire, so I wouldn't be one to speak on them. I can tell that if I had normal feet, they would be mega comfy to wear around...I can't speak to running in them though one way or the other. The insole is specially made and can be removed, as it was designed. The insole is not a full length, and I found that the missing part of the insole (at the toes) kinda bothered me, but perhaps I could have gotten used to them. With the insole, there is a nice little cushiony pad at the heel, which creates a heel height. If you remove the insole, you won't have the cusioning or the heel height, but you may feel the outer under-side ridges that are part of the sole used for traction purposes. The upper is a nylon, stretchy-type fabric, very cozy (if not for having Morton's Neuroma), and the bands that wrap the forefoot give it a comfortably snug feeling. That's all I have to add for now.

I also got my Invisible Shoes huaraches in the same delivery! Whoo-hoo! It's like my birthday all over again! Oh wait. That's sad. ;-)

Okay, it says the upper is a

Okay, it says the upper is a 4-way stretch Lycra material. Feels like wet suit stuff, similar to aqua socks/water shoes but better, in that it's stretchy.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts