Winter Challenge - 2012

Is anybody interested in taking part in a article being done by a reporter on All Weather Barefoot Runners, most specifically cold weather runners. I am confirming with her whether she is specifically looking for Canadians or not, but I am pushing her towards the more international flavour. Let me know if you are interested and I will need to get her your contact info.

Bring on the snow.

Bob -- Add me to the list of those interested too. 3 winters barefoot and a little frost bite should qualify me.

It appears that she only wants Canadians for this article, very discriminating if you ask me but what can you do, I consider us all of the same like mind. Bare Lee message me with your email address anyway, and I will talk to her again, because being from Minn, that as close to Canadian as you can get without being Canadian.

Rod, is your email address the same as it was last year, so I can send her your contact info. I will be sending a message to Lou, Dutchie, Paul Barker, Kate (even though she is heading back to England :mad: still pissed about that damn Canadian Immigration). Is there anybody that I am missing, Canuck wise.

I will be sending a message to Lou, Dutchie, Paul Barker, Kate (even though she is heading back to England :mad: still pissed about that damn Canadian Immigration). Is there anybody that I am missing, Canuck wise.

Don't forget Miranda (moominmamma). She's in BC, up in the HILLS.

And

Paul aka Horseman42 He's in Whitby ON

Perfect

I am on the board with my first below zero run of the year. :D

We are having an unusually long summer/fall so I am still anxiously waiting for our cooler weather. I was looking at the weather channel this evening and I saw some cooler temps in the next couple weeks but it doesn't look like it will get quite cold enough anytime soon for any qualifying runs... :( Envious of you right now Bob.

Just had my first cold run barefoot. Last winter I was in minimalist shoes, and didn't start running bare till spring. I only did one mile, but it's a start. It was pretty darn cold, considering I usually run in the afternoons, when temps are still in the 60s-70s here. It was 36 this morning when I got home from work, so I thought I'd go for it. Woohoo! Chilly!

Just had my first cold run barefoot. Last winter I was in minimalist shoes, and didn't start running bare till spring. I only did one mile, but it's a start. It was pretty darn cold, considering I usually run in the afternoons, when temps are still in the 60s-70s here. It was 36 this morning when I got home from work, so I thought I'd go for it. Woohoo! Chilly!

Just keep them short and sweet, and make sure you have a backup plan or escape route if you get into trouble. Most importantly have fun.:)

Reactions: happysongbird
YOW,

We are slightly outnumbered this year, not sure where all our hearty Canadians have gone, plus we are missing some of our American regulars as well.

Do you have a concern if I open up the contest a little bit and advertise it on my blog for some of the 'tongue in cheek' non-BRS barefoot runners out there.

Let me know, I have a post ready to go if you are willing to let that little indiscretion go.

Sure Bob ... open it up BUT they have to run Bare Foot!! Maybe some can be convinced to join BRS.

Smelph may not be entering this year. Lou's in. We should touch base with Miranda too. She's a power horse from winter running.

Good thing, I posted the link and the challenge on my blog. Got confirmation from Lou as well, contacted Troy but have not heard back yet. I will try to track down Miranda.

Was going to wuss out into minshoes when winter hits but will try this challenge once it chills out that far here (5 to -10c possible in this part of Germany. )

Still too temperate though.

Reactions: Barefooting Bob
Was going to wuss out into minshoes when winter hits but will try this challenge once it chills out that far here (5 to -10c possible in this part of Germany. )

Still too temperate though.

Glad to have you aboard Footsie

We want you to record your BARE FOOT running at temperatures below 5°C (41°F),

'Below 5°C', does that mean: '5° and less', or '4.99° and less' ;)?

About 2,5 months after starting my transitioning to barefoot running, I had a (short) run today at 5°C, and I really feel a barefoot runner now, so I hope this qualifies...

I'm not usually one to complain about the weather being too warm, but if it's going to be as cool and nasty around here as it's been the last week or so, it might as well get a little cooler so I can at least get on the board! 6°C! Sheesh! :p

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts