What does your screen name mean?

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Mine is TJ which is short for Tamara Jane. My mom always called me TJ while I was growing up (and Puss, but we won't go there), and she still does.

So, what does your screen name mean?

Um...Joseph is just something my parents came up with.

The "Tree" refers to my vocational enthusiasm, which is Arboriculture.

A related explanation is my avatar, the head of an American Shad, Alosa sapidissima. It's my favourite fish to catch, and we're in the middle of a good seasonal run right now. Come to think of it, even my favourite fish runs, and without shoes!

Larry isn't my real name, but in high school there was one kid who insisted on calling me Larry for the whole 6 years. No real reason, apart from the fact that my last name is Long and it sounded good to him. Then, once I finished school and went to University, a different guy started doing it out of the blue, for similar reasons, and a few others took it up. We formed a basketball team in our Uni days with a rule that your team mates got to choose the name that went on the back of your singlet, and my mates put Larry on the back of mine. Larry isn't a common name at all here in Australia - in fact it is probably seen as a funny American name that you don't see anywhere, so I thought it made for a good nickname and started using it for everything online.

Each day, and through much of the day, I ask for guidance, from God/CosmicInfiniteMind. A soldier's dharma is to kill; A doctor's to save. "Thy will be done." <3

Sly, cause I'm sly as a fox

timeline2.jpg

Sly Fox Brewing Company is headquartered in Pottstown, Pennsylvania with a 50-hectoliter production brewery at 331 Circle of Progress.

My favourite local brew.

Reactions: Bare Lee
FL \'14 024.JPG z longboard girl.jpg

Sure I could have posted a photo of me and a board, but these are nicer to look at. The one of the couple I took after midnight last month in Key West, so I'll let the lack of quality slide. The other popped up in Google Images just now.

"... comme mes pieds" means "con comme mes pieds", could be literally translated that way: "as silly as my feet". I replaced "con" by "..." , more correct !
There is a french expression saying that someone is "as silly as his feet" to tell is not very clever, simple minded.:wacky:
A little bit ironic when we all know how clever our feet are...
How could something stupid analyse hardness, temperature, pressure, position in space and so many other datas in just one nano-second only by touching the ground ?

Really nice & fun topic idea by the way ! thks TJ !

.cmp

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090