What does your screen name mean?

i honestly have no idea, its just something a friend calls me and it stuck
i should probably ask him ! :rolleyes:

Bare Lee =
"bare(foot)" + my middle name =
"barely" =
"nakedly", or "minimally" or "naturally" or "without gadgets and goals,"
but also =
"almost unable to" run or "not really" a real runner (although I've gotten a little better since then),
or even homophonically =
imagining a old bear lumbering along.
. . .
But mostly just = "bare(foot)" + my middle name.

In my 7th grade Spanish class we were given Spanish names to use as a way to practice the language. The girls did not like the name that I had so they convinced our teacher to change it to Alejandro. 10 has long been a number that I like. Also in '98 or '99 when I created my first forum accounts I had been advised to use a handle that did not directly identify me. I chose Alejandro 10 and used it for most of my accounts for quite a while. This is just a continuation of that consistency. However, from time to time the thought has crossed my mind that I might want to start afresh with my real name.

DarkAnD
I originally used it when setting up a gaming Avatar. Everyone had crazy names and I couldn't think of one.
Kinda comes from the old Zelda video games. There's a character called Link and he has a nemesis called Dark Link. I'm Andy, so went with Dark Andy, which changed to Dark An D, to DarkAnD. A nod to my retro gaming past. uploadfromtaptalk1401362557026.jpg

Nothing original here - it is my nickname picked up in school - sometimes shortened to just "B" - but it is my first name and the first letter of my last name. Nicknames are big in BDA - there are people I have known for over 30 years - know them by a nickname - no clue as to their real name! Examples- Seeds, Simo, Horse, - a teacher from Scotland called White Mouse, Knifer (he was a nice guy actually!) and we had a guy from Greece living here whose name was impossible to pronounce - so he quickly earned the moniker - "Johnny de Greek."

Every day in the obituaries there are probably more people listed with nicknames than not - again - many people would not have known the person's real name!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090