My attempt at a barefoot 100 miler

Fist of all... I had no idea

Fist of all... I had no idea this race existed. But, then again I just started running and BFR this year so it wasn't really on my radar. It looks amazing!

Second... I live in Akron, just a few hundred yards from one of the finishing legs of the planned route.

Third... I am super excited for you and I wish you luck!

It's short notice... but let me know if I can give you need any info on any of the legs segment N to finish. I'll go scope it out for you take a few pics feel out the surface etc... I've been on many of these trails over the years but not as a BFR so I would definitely have to take a fresh look.

Once again... good luck Jason!

S. Pimp.

Get out there and kick some

Get out there and kick some ass LP, this will be an excellent adventure for you and a great statement for all barefoot runners :) Thanks for embarking on this 100mile journey

Good luck, my friend Jason. 

Good luck, my friend Jason. We're with you.

I just saw there were plenty

I just saw there were plenty of video tours of each of the legs and other course map details posted on the race website... so I guess my scouting things out won't be needed. :)

My wife and I may just have to come out and cheer for you and the rest of the racers at some point... although I have no idea if such a thing is even done at these sorts of races... let alone appreciated.

Anyway...

... Have an awesome race! I'm hoping for good weather for you all.

S. Pimp.

Well a picture paints a

Well a picture paints a thousand words.

This picture sums up my thoughts about you and your goal

You training is in place, run like the wind barefoot forrest!

db2624-big-balls.jpg

Have fun our there Jason you

Have fun our there Jason you crazy man! I know another Michigander from Kicks who is attempting it. She is thinking about doing the first loop in her KSO's. Are you going to have a way to keep people updated on your progress in some electronic fashion in addition to the webcast? Take care.

Thanks, Scooter. My twisted

Thanks, Scooter. My twisted mind instantly imagined one of those pigs in a kilt. Not a pretty sight... :cry:

Good luck out there! Looking

Good luck out there! Looking forward to reading about the race.

What do you have planned after this, vacation or no running for a month :)

Blind Boy wrote:Thanks,

Blind Boy said:
Thanks, Scooter. My twisted mind instantly imagined one of those pigs in a kilt. Not a pretty sight... :cry:
I can photoshop one in for you :p

MY EYES!  MY EYES!

MY EYES! MY EYES!

OMG, that is effing

OMG, that is effing hilarious!! I had no idea that pigs were so well endowed!!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Lava... nice balls.  Abide-

Lava... nice balls. :)

Abide- this is the first race in what I consider my "season." This is my tentative schedule for the rest of the year:

July 31st- Burning River 100

August 14th- Fallsburg Marathon; Lowell, MI

August 28th- North Country Trail Run 50 miler; Manistee, MI

September 24-26- Woodstock running festival races, specific race TBD, will be determined by jscott's need for crew/pacer; Pinckney, MI

October 17- Grand Rapids Marathon, GR, MI (tentative)

November 7- Bobcat trail marathon, Glouster, OH (tentative)

November 20th- Living History Farms race; Des Moines, Iowa (tentative)

December 5- Bigfoot 50k; Cambridge, OH (tentative)

December 18- HUFF 50k; Huntington, IN (tentative)

The end part of the schedule is still tentative due to unpredicatable childcare. I'm also planning on an adventure run (sort of like a fat ass race except we all run together) for October, November, and December. The idea is to maintain my endurance and speed base throughout the winter months in the hopes of being somewhat more competitive for 2011.

Looks like an awesomely 

Looks like an awesomely hefty schedule LP, good luck making it all work out. Perhaps we'll be seein ya at LHF (7mi should be a breeze for you haha, doing it barefoot?? It's a rough course, I'll be doing it in a water shoe I think).

and the balls...whoa :shock:

Rock on, Jason...My sticking

Rock on, Jason...

My sticking point is childcare at times too...

Unless, Ella comes with for Burning River < She has lots of aid station experience, actually ;o>, then we will have to bow out for crewing...

I have to be VERY creative at times to get training time in......

I wish you well, if I don't see you before you leave...

+Andy G.

+aka SSH

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7