My attempt at a barefoot 100 miler

Love the avatar, Karen!

Love the avatar, Karen!

Thanks! It's from

Thanks!

It's from yesterday's trail run. There are more pics from the trail on my blog.

http://peacekaren.blogspot.com/2010/07/tonights-trail-run.html

Interestingly, I've been running that trail for nearly a year but I always approach it from the other direction. In all that time I never noticed the sign (since it's usually behind me as I leave that section of the trail). Last week I decided to run it in the opposite direction and laughed when I saw the sign. I brought the camera yesterday specifically to get that picture!

Peace,

Karen

Now that's a great story. 

Now that's a great story. How many shod "joggers" do you see on that trail?

Here's our Jason!  I like the

Here's our Jason! I like the way everyone holds up their bib like they're some kind of ciminal...but with a smile on their face. Ha! Funny!

PlaceBibPhotoUsatfDnfFirstLastAgeSexCityStateLast Aid StationElapsed Time

tn_172.jpg
JasonRobillard34MZeelandMIG-33.3mi6:32:30

been keeping up with him on

been keeping up with him on my FB status....here he is at 49.1 miles...just about half way there ;-)....10:21:30 and 74th place :-D

here's an edit...time is still the same, place isn't though...not sure how these things work...but now it says 114th....which is still AWESOMENESS...

Yes, AWESOMENESS all around! 

Yes, AWESOMENESS all around! Go Jason! GO! He's 104th now! He's passed 10 people! He's covered 60 miles! YEAH! The crowd goes wild!

He's getting close! 93.3 mile

He's getting close! 93.3 mile aid station, 25:38:30 (119th place). Woo hoo, go, Jason!

peacekaren

peacekaren said:
Thanks!

It's from yesterday's trail run. There are more pics from the trail on my blog.

http://peacekaren.blogspot.com/2010/07/tonights-trail-run.html

Wonderful pictures Karen!!!

He checked in at aid station

He checked in at aid station U (96.3 miles). 124th place, 26:47:30. So close!!

Make that 91st place!  You

Make that 91st place! You rock, Not So Last Place Jason! How are the footsies! Can't wait for your race report! You da man!

Amazing! I also look forward

Amazing! I also look forward to the report, Jason, but rest for now ;-)

Simply amazing. Rock on!

Simply amazing. Rock on! Race report when you can!

Thanks everyone!  I'll be

Thanks everyone! I'll be writing a race report ASAP. I didn't make it the whole distance barefoot, only 33 miles. For the remaining 68 I wore huaraches and Injinjis. There was a TON of interest in BFR/MR, and I wore my BRS shirt for about the first 60 miles or so. :)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test