Mileage Reporting 17th Week 2013

Thanks!
No it wasn't beacuse of bfr.
I have a colapsible/unstable lower back due to a car crash many ions ago so my hips tend to hurt from time to time because of it. My left hip was bothering me a little and I went to play Volleyball, rotated wrong and BAM!!! the hip got very irritaded and here I am. Hopefuly for not too long.
We have to just keep coming back, don't we!

Runs of between 2 and 2.5 miles the last few days. Pretty much all STG runs now but still on the cool side here. With the windchill it is still in the -4C range but the pavement does not feel that cold. Will keep the runs on the short this week and slowly start building milage for about a week or so than it will be a sporadic week of running after May 1st as I will be off for 3-4 days of coaching at Nationals (not running related).

4.39 mi today. Bit if a warm snap in The Bay area - just under 80F - which seems to have affected my groundfeel. Sidewalks that I've cruised over before with no issues were a bit ouchy today.:barefoot:(we need one of these icons that show the feet throbbing)

evening swim---about 55 min. took it easier today after all the swimming this weekend.
dropped my computer on my naughty foot today; the corner landed right in the area where it's been sore. Couple of nice bruises. Ouchie
ouie

Okay, I undrestood the part about the blood blister...

What I was trying to say is that I got a blood blister on the sole of my foot between my big (this little piggy went to the market) and the second toe (this little piggy stayed home)

Hmm..I even got me a little blood blister on the pad btw the the piggies that went to the market and stayed home.

And this little piggy went, wee, wee, weeeeeeeeeeeeeee all the way home.

Runs of between 2 and 2.5 miles the last few days. Pretty much all STG runs now but still on the cool side here. With the windchill it is still in the -4C range but the pavement does not feel that cold. Will keep the runs on the short this week and slowly start building milage for about a week or so than it will be a sporadic week of running after May 1st as I will be off for 3-4 days of coaching at Nationals (not running related).

Gosh, I'll be all depress by now with the loooooooooooong winter you have there:sorry:

evening swim---about 55 min. took it easier today after all the swimming this weekend.
dropped my computer on my naughty foot today; the corner landed right in the area where it's been sore. Couple of nice bruises. Ouchie

This year has not being good for you as far as running is concern-has it?
We are on the same boat so you have my sympathies.

We have to just keep coming back, don't we!

Ofcourse! runners ARE NOT quitters. My therapist told me yesterday that runners with the type of back issues that I have are not able to continue running and that he was amazed that I am still at it. I told him that I am not like everyone else and that I am goint to continue to run untill my legs no longer move and to hurry up on pitting back together and put back on the road again. He just smile and say that he'll do what he can and so far he is doing great!

You do realized this is pirate we are talking about here-right?;)

I'm on holiday at Emerald Beach, near Coffs Harbour, and I've managed to fit three morning runs in. This is the first time I've ever gone for a run on a holiday, and I never realised how enjoyable it was to just take off and run somewhere you've never been. It's a great way to explore.

Day one - 3.6km barefoot along a beach, over a grassy headland with a bit of mud to the next beach and back.
Day two - 6.8km in shoes in the other direction, two big headlands and beaches in between. I forget how much I suck at hills because I only ever run on flat beaches at home. I struggled, but the scenery made up for it.
Day three - 4km barefoot on the day 2 path, handled the hills a little better and finished off the morning with a bit of bodysurfing with my nephews who came down for a visit.

No photos because my camera mysteriously stopped working just after my three year old picked it up (she has a talent for these things) so here's some from the national parks people.

http://uat.nswparks.orbsys.com.au/m...erve/look-at-me-now-headland/walk/visual-tour

You do realized this is pirate we are talking about here-right?;)

Hello? You know I can see these, right? :D

Also, to make sure we're clear, I got the blood blister on my foot, not my wee wee. That'd be awful on multiple levels...

Hello? You know I can see these, right? :D

Also, to make sure we're clear, I got the blood blister on my foot, not my wee wee. That'd be awful on multiple levels...

Hahahaha!! I needed that good laugh-thanks!! :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:.

Just went for a walk this morning with my son to the park. I did half the walk in huaraches and half barefoot and all of the time at the park barefoot. My soles are a little sore today despite no visible marks from my run yesterday, just tender a bit. I can definitely tell it is finally spring here as my soles have a ton of sap/pitch all over them. Man I can't wait till I can just be barefoot most of the time again. I really do think even zero/minimally dropped shoes are different from barefoot on your calves and feet because I can definitely feel the muscle fatigue difference. I'm loving this beautiful weather but it won't be long before I'm hating the heat of summer. I was already starting to feel the blacktop of our parking lot and certain stretches of sidewalk (blacktop as well) heating up on the walk home.

Tribble4.jpg
Easy recovery run today...almost perfect outside mid 60's, sunny light breeze. Ran at Tribble Mill park...split my run up with trails then pavement and back to trails...3.5miles trails and 3miles pavement. Leisurely average pace 12:20min/mile, walked some here and there took some pictures. Trail was good change up on the feets.

View attachment 1963
Easy recovery run today...almost perfect outside mid 60's, sunny light breeze. Ran at Tribble Mill park...split my run up with trails then pavement and back to trails...3.5miles trails and 3miles pavement. Leisurely average pace 12:20min/mile, walked some here and there took some pictures. Trail was good change up on the feets.

Nice! It looks like Lake Macbride a park we have here it's soo beautiful-lake Macbride that is.
Xterra holds a race every year here.

My arms are still so fatigued today, I judged it best to skip the staple gun exercises...
But I did participate in the high school track team practice. I am told I am an awesome mom. :D
Probably a total of 6.5 miles, all barefoot. I did do the 4 x 120 meter sprints on the grass, though, because I could tell my feet were maxed out. It really was fun. I like to sprint!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts