Mileage Reporting 17th Week 2013

Big landmark for me today.

2 hours
15km
MAF pace all the way (that's 140bpm or lower for me at the moment)
Sunny, warm (14°C).
Along the river in Berlin
Gorgeous

No cuts, no blisters, no rawness, no hotspots. Disturbingly comfortable underfoot. It really was general leg conditioning that made me want to stop.

EDIT: a bit optimistic, that. Some tenderness on the pad over my right foot 5th metatarsal head, but this is just skin deep. Looks like a bit of a blister that got run down on the way. Otherwise, the quality of survival is good.

Now, let's see what my feet etc. say to me tomorrow.

I'll start ending my weeks on Sundays since that seems to be what most are doing here.

Pitter pattered thru the puddles for 8.5 miles on hilly local roads in a steady medium rain...55F no wind it was just right. Didn't use my Garmin as a guide went by feel...stayed slow and steady without forcing an extra slow pace...actually ran a couple heartbeats lower than Maff, about a min/mile slower than yesterdays flat run. This was probably the most enjoyable run so far this Spring...it was a lazy relaxing run...even a couple little wimpy dogs that usually chase me just barked and stayed on the porch.

i wish i would've improved by feel. hit my limit. i could've saved some money. i actually felt like i was slowing down lately but the numbers say otherwise. which is great.

5 miler today with some of the Ptown crew. good run until Jen slowed down in front of me. i didn't see the big root sticking out and decided it need to be kicked. it won. my right big toe is all swollen and bloody. every time i run with Jen there i get hurt. last time she tried some voodoo crap on me. i told her if she tried that again i would punch her. lucky for me she didn't catch up to me.

i wish i would've improved by feel. hit my limit. i could've saved some money. i actually felt like i was slowing down lately but the numbers say otherwise. which is great.

I think this was the first time I didn't run too fast when going by feel...I'm still learning how to properly run slow.:D

Take care of that toe!!

Reactions: Go Barefoot
5 miles on my fave trail with 4 other crazies! Tomorrow I am planning a STEEP-HILL day! Why? Cuz yet ANOTHER person just dropped from my Hood to Coast team!
If was any closer I would brave running with you kooks :p

Swam 30 minutes again finally on Friday. My legs felt SOOO much better after swimming. There is something that happens in the pool that really loosens things up. Then Saturday AM early, spinning bike for 60 minutes. Decided my legs were just not quite up to running again. Managed to stay sane between giving dear hubby his pain meds and monitoring his mental state, fixing the gushing sprinkler, and going to my soon-to-be daughter-in-law's bridal shower. And I caught the chick that got out of my pen.
Today, swam again for about 35 minutes. With all the staple gun work, fence bending, gardening squats and trench digging, and nursing care I'm giving my husband, I was too exhausted to swim any longer. Go figure. But I had enough strength to make cookie dough this evening.:happy:

let's see: friday 1hr swim lesson, went pretty well considering i hadn't been practicing much.
walked bf on grass while kids were on playground at a park. walked a mile or two shod on a trail nearby. bruised area still hurts, but not as badly, and seems to do better for gentle movement rather than rest.

saturday: 1 hr swim, focus on legs, since arms are still tired from last weeks big effort.

sunday? today, i'll just repost if someone makes a new thread (I feel bad starting threads on mileage when i have none), in the pool 1hr30 min, but the effort was lazy. lots of breaks at the wall, lots of plain old kicking laps (need to practice on my back). no butterfly practice today, since there was a young girl in the lane who would slosh around a bit, and i feel like i'm taking up the whole pool when i do butterfly. did butterfly legs/body underwater across a few times though. that's fun, makes me feel like a fishy. got really really tired after a while of half hearted effort (compared with last week), so we called it quits and went to the grocery store, which took way more out of me than the swim.

sidenote: stopped at halfway across a lane to say something to my son, turned around to kick back into my lane, and hit the lane divider quite harder than i thought with my bad foot! seriously, what have i got against myself already? another bruise, this time on the top of the fifth metatarsal area. and it was feeling better today. :(

Swam 30 minutes ......... spinning bike for 60 minutes. ....... fixing the gushing sprinkler...........going to my soon-to-be daughter-in-law's bridal shower............... caught the chick that got out of my pen..............swam again for about 35 minutes. ........... staple gun work............ fence bending............ gardening squats............ trench digging............... nursing care......... I had enough strength to make cookie dough this evening.:happy:

You earned unlimited cookie dough :D

did butterfly legs/body underwater across a few times though. that's fun, makes me feel like a fishy.
sidenote: stopped at halfway across a lane to say something to my son, turned around to kick back into my lane, and hit the lane divider quite harder than i thought with my bad foot! seriously, what have i got against myself already? another bruise, this time on the top of the fifth metatarsal area. and it was feeling better today. :(
It is fun to feel like a fishy!
Regarding your foot, I've been learning not to make any sudden moves lately, too...

Reactions: Go Barefoot

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test