Mileage Reporting 20th Week of 2013

Five miles today:D.
I got news today that I'll be graduating from PT in one week, yeaaaaa!!
My run today felt fantastic no signs of distress it felt so good and smooth like if I never had a problem and I was running on VERY tired legs do to my PT session this AM. I am soooooooooooooo happy that I don't know what to do with myself. I hope I can control my desire to go for a long run this weekend that's going to be the hard part. My plan is to slowly build distance I'll run five miles at least three more times and go from there.
Moderation, yes. Enjoy what you can do and don't push it too soon!

Reactions: Barefoot Dama
Moderation, yes. Enjoy what you can do and don't push it too soon!

Thanks Laura, is going to take all of my willpower to control myself. I, perhaps will need to come up with a mantra that will keep me from overdoing it:).

@Lee, I'll be absent from the forum for at least four/five days starting tomorrow. Try not to miss me too much:)

1hr 10 min swim. pushed myself just to deal with it today. only about 4.5 hr sleep, was feeling it.

nice little hike(<30 min total). some bf some shod. today it was really hard to wear shoes (temps near 80F), and I did it for businesses and whenever the trail got to my feet, but otherwise, ick, shoes ick too nice out and i'm feeling allergic to them. will be taking them off as soon as we are out of this place.

Final run before Saturday. Ran 3 miles at a pretty steady 8:10 minute mile pace. I had hoped to go a little faster, but this is still very good for me for a 3 mile training run. Now, to not let my adrenaline get the better of me before the race.

Good luck on your race on Saturday! Is your daughter (the one that won her race BF not long ago) running the race with you?

Reactions: happysongbird
My run today felt fantastic no signs of distress it felt so good and smooth like if I never had a problem and I was running on VERY tired legs do to my PT session this AM. I am soooooooooooooo happy that I don't know what to do with myself. I hope I can control my desire to go for a long run this weekend that's going to be the hard part. My plan is to slowly build distance I'll run five miles at least three more times and go from there.

Thats really good news!

Reactions: Barefoot Dama
Final run before Saturday. Ran 3 miles at a pretty steady 8:10 minute mile pace. I had hoped to go a little faster, but this is still very good for me for a 3 mile training run. Now, to not let my adrenaline get the better of me before the race.

Good luck on your race and don't forget to pace yourself...very important.

it was 7 on the trails today. met my stalker there today. she offered to buy lunch so i met her. needless to say it was nearly a costly lunch as she poked my eye out. lucky i found it quickly and carried with me. also lucky was i brought my glasses with me so i could see to drive home.

it was 7 on the trails today. met my stalker there today. she offered to buy lunch so i met her. needless to say it was nearly a costly lunch as she poked my eye out. lucky i found it quickly and carried with me. also lucky was i brought my glasses with me so i could see to drive home.

Yup, gotta keep those stalkees "in line"! That's why you have two eyes for, anyway!

Reactions: mokaman
Wednesday afternoon
6 mi / 9.7 km
high 70s
Lake Phalen x 2

I had to go on an errand just east of downtown St. Paul, so I made my run two laps around Lake Phalen, which is almost exactly three miles in circumference. I wanted to do three laps but I didn't leave early enough, and so ran out of time before I had to go pick up the kids.

I was a little stiff from the prior day's lower body strength-training, but the legs didn't feel as heavy as I thought they would. I bounced between 9mm and 9:30mm pace for most of the run, except for the two steep hills on either side of the middle of the elongated lake. Once again I found myself running at an effort level somewhere between an aerobic pace and a threshold pace. Strange. Or maybe this is my new aerobic pace? I'm tempted to just keep running at this pace-feel, but wonder if the lack of variety would be bad for my legs, and/or the development of my running fitness. Maybe on Friday's run I can do some interval work down on the track, get my legs up in the 7-7:30mm pace range for a bit.

I thought about to doing a little hill work on the last hill before the parking lot, but this was my first real warm run of the season, and the heat was getting to me a bit, and the soles felt a little sore from the slightly rough, somewhat warm asphalt of the lake path . . . Excuses, excuses.

Overall, a good run, par for the course.

I twice passed one pleasant, glasses/librarian-type, well-endowed, sporty-looking woman running in the opposite direction (I was running counter-clockwise). She beamed a nice big appreciative smile at me both times. I also got several worried looks from some of the Hmong walkers, who were out in force in the summery temps. I was the nail sticking up that needed to be hammered down. Was it my bare feet or the fact that I was running the wrong way?
Yah, easy does it chiquita!
Thanks Laura, is going to take all of my willpower to control myself. I, perhaps will need to come up with a mantra that will keep me from overdoing it:).

@Lee, I'll be absent from the forum for at least four/five days starting tomorrow. Try not to miss me too much:)
The site's too big without you.
How's everyone doing? I've been scarce lately and out of the loop. 2 whole miles in my new Altra Lone Peaks today. Trying to taper for a big hike, my dogs hate me for not running.
Hey Rick. How's the heel? Hope to hear about your running adventures again soon. Always good for us cats stuck running urban routes.

Hey Rick. How's the heel? Hope to hear about your running adventures again soon. Always good for us cats stuck running urban routes.

Hey BL. My heel is doing much better, but I still get a little pain after running. Reminds me that I'm not 100% yet (I'd actually be happy with 90%). It has slowed me down quite a bit, but I have seen the distances increase greatly with a run/walk method. Unfortunately not as much barefoot as I'd like, but I still get a few shorter ones in and my barefoot living time has increased (chores around the yard, gardening, work, etc.) because I'm not always worried about saving my feet for a race. I'll try to get caught up with my reports.

Have a great weekend everyone, I'm checking out for a while.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7