Mileage Reporting 20th Week of 2013

Monday afternoon
3.6 mi / 5.8 km
70 F / 21 C

My wife tricked me into celebrating Mother's Day twice over the weekend, so no weekend long run. Now I've missed three out of four. I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and do the weekend long run first thing in the morning Saturday or Sunday, before anything can come up.

Then yesterday I got a late start again, so couldn't run the full hour I had wanted to before having to go pick up the kids. So I just stopped by the JHS track on my way out of the neighborhood.

It's kinda ironic that now that the weather is finally decent, it's become harder to get my runs in. What have I done to displease the bfr gods?

Anyway, I started out a little stiff, because I hadn't done any stretching or massaging since my last run last Thursday, but my legs started to loosen up by the last mile or so, dipping down below 9mm pace without really trying. The distinction between aerobic and tempo is starting to blur, and I find myself comfortable running at a slightly higher effort level all the time.

And it seems like my pace is really dropping these days, so I'm tempted to just keep running down on the track for a few weeks, keeping the surface and terrain constant, so that I can monitor my progress. Maybe mix in a little hill and stair work on the side.

The track's sandy gravel felt a little ouchy on the first mile, so I did the second mile and the second half of the third mile up on the grass inside the track, but then by the last two laps my soles felt fine on the track proper. Another advantage to keeping to the track for a while is the excellent sole-conditioning this provides.

Great to see Dama and Nick's running coming along. And amazing to see Dama using the quoting function properly. My faith in progress has been restored.

Great times Laura!
Can anybody kick these off?
I felt a bit awkward my first time too.

Monday afternoon
3.6 mi / 5.8 km
70 F / 21 C

It's kinda ironic that now that the weather is finally decent, it's become harder to get my runs in. What have I done to displease the bfr gods?

Great to see Dama and Nick's running coming along. And amazing to see Dama using the quoting function properly. My faith in progress has been restored.:p

quote]

Thank God for the bfr Gods that are keeping you from overdoing it. There you go!

Was very busy all weekend and did not get to run Sat or Sun. Had a stressful day at work yesterday and din't get home till after 7:00 pm and ran 3.8 miles BF on the asphalt in my neighborhood just before dark as a stress reliever. Worked great! Feet were a bit sore as I'm not used to running that far on rough surfaces. Temp here today was 100F. Yeah I can't believe it either. The weather here almost went from winter to summer and skipped spring. May skip a run tonight since temps are so high. We will see!

Temperatures are dropping here, we had snow in the australian alps (about 600mi from Sydney) but we can feel the difference in the morning, it was 10C (50F) this morning

I ran 11.8km (7.3mi) on a reasonably flat course, and I am grateful I took a couple of days off, my soles were very tender after my long run on Sunday. It is now back to normal, which is great. Tomorrow will be interval running, and will be going back on my grass track !!

45 minutes on spinning bike this evening.
Kind of freaked out when I looked up my race for Saturday and the course map says it is 13.84 miles. The main website still says it is 13.1. Hubby thinks that someone ran it for the map and didn't stick precisely to the course. I'm hoping. That extra almost mile is something I'd rather not deal with, especially for my first official half marathon.
Also verified the start time (thanks Joseph Tree) and saw it is earlier than I remembered. Have to be racing at 7 AM. Heat shouldn't be a problem....

45 minutes on spinning bike this evening.
Kind of freaked out when I looked up my race for Saturday and the course map says it is 13.84 miles. The main website still says it is 13.1. Hubby thinks that someone ran it for the map and didn't stick precisely to the course. I'm hoping. That extra almost mile is something I'd rather not deal with, especially for my first official half marathon.
Also verified the start time (thanks Joseph Tree) and saw it is earlier than I remembered. Have to be racing at 7 AM. Heat shouldn't be a problem....
Have a great run - I'm sure you'll have no problem with the distance!

Reactions: happysongbird
Sunday: 10 mi bike ride, a few weights, no time for anything else, housework, chores, kids with last minute science projects, kids with crabby attitudes (yep, mother's day---the handmade cards mostly made up for it all)

Monday: morning swim, afternoon walk on light trails, no idea distance or time, but not far

Tuesday: lunch swim, light workout at gym, short trail walk, short swim lesson (30 min)

Tuesday afternoon
Bottom ST workout

I got in a nice, full workout, having started 30 minutes earlier than usual. Was able to do all my maxes and got a delicious pump. Bumped up my trap bar deadlift max by 10 lbs without breaking or pulling anything. Even had time for my plyo jumps and all of my mobility stuff with ankle weights. Yum.

Record 98 F today. Wasn't it snowing just a week or two ago?

Edit: Wednesday morning: wow, pretty sore, but in a good kinda way. Hope I loosen up sufficiently to run later . . .

Was able to do all my maxes and got a delicious pump. Bumped up my trap bar deadlift max by 10 lbs without breaking or pulling anything. Even had time for my plyo jumps and all of my mobility stuff with ankle weights. Yum.
Parts of my body feel strained just reading your workouts.

Final run before Saturday. Ran 3 miles at a pretty steady 8:10 minute mile pace. I had hoped to go a little faster, but this is still very good for me for a 3 mile training run. Now, to not let my adrenaline get the better of me before the race.

Five miles today:D.
I got news today that I'll be graduating from PT in one week, yeaaaaa!!
My run today felt fantastic no signs of distress it felt so good and smooth like if I never had a problem and I was running on VERY tired legs do to my PT session this AM. I am soooooooooooooo happy that I don't know what to do with myself. I hope I can control my desire to go for a long run this weekend that's going to be the hard part. My plan is to slowly build distance I'll run five miles at least three more times and go from there.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts