Mileage Reporting 20th Week of 2013

Larry

Barefooters
Sep 13, 2012
Can anybody kick these off?

I ran my 8km fun run on Sunday, unfortunately shod, but I did run it in a pink tutu and matching socks if that helps. :) I took a minute off my time from last year, so I was really happy with how I went.

This morning I did 5km barefoot on the beach to recover. My legs feel a little bit heavy from the hills, but all's well.

Yeah, they'll let any old riff-raff start these threads...case in point: I think I started the Week 13 thread and no one has stopped by to beat me in the kidneys with an axe-handle, yet... :)

Did 4.98 mi (do I get to round up to 5.0 mi?) this evening.

7 miles on my nice Wilson Ponds .93 mile loop.
1st mile 8:38
miles 2-6 within a second of 8:30 plus and minus
7th mile 8:09! I was just trying to not "settle" into a slogging mile because I was tired.
Then I walked and slow jogged the last third of a mile to the car.
Favorite comments of the day by a 6 year old girl walking with her mom: "Where is she going?" then, "She left her shoes at home."

3.04 miles barefoot today. Now I can run on my "long" days to the big park from the house, so no more having to drive there to run (except on my short fast tempo days)! From here on out when I extend my run a bit that means I get to run a little farther into the park! :woot:
hip hip!

Reactions: Go Barefoot
40 min run today.

Can anybody kick these off?

I ran my 8km fun run on Sunday, unfortunately shod, but I did run it in a pink tutu and matching socks if that helps. :) I took a minute off my time from last year, so I was really happy with how I went.

This morning I did 5km barefoot on the beach to recover. My legs feel a little bit heavy from the hills, but all's well.

Pictures?

Yeah, they'll let any old riff-raff start these threads...case in point: I think I started the Week 13 thread and no one has stopped by to beat me in the kidneys with an axe-handle, yet... :)

Did 4.98 mi (do I get to round up to 5.0 mi?) this evening.

Yes you can say that you ran five mi.

My first huarache run yesterday. 11 gentle miles with a friend followed by 5, much more rapid, trail miles all on a beautiful, but breezy, Spring morning. Loved it!
Sound like you're doing really well so I don't feel sorry for you then:)

7 miles on my nice Wilson Ponds .93 mile loop.
1st mile 8:38
miles 2-6 within a second of 8:30 plus and minus
7th mile 8:09! I was just trying to not "settle" into a slogging mile because I was tired.
Then I walked and slow jogged the last third of a mile to the car.
Favorite comments of the day by a 6 year old girl walking with her mom: "Where is she going?" then, "She left her shoes at home."

Nice work Laura!

3.04 miles barefoot today. Now I can run on my "long" days to the big park from the house, so no more having to drive there to run (except on my short fast tempo days)! From here on out when I extend my run a bit that means I get to run a little farther into the park! :woot:
Alright Nick!

I was done with self-pity within a few hours - no need for me to take any more of your emotional energy at the moment.
Thanks for the thoughts though! :)

hahaha! you're so thoughtful:hilarious:

Reactions: happysongbird
And no back issues? Just fun?

So far so good no issues at all of course all my runs are slower than I would like to but I'll take it.
I am still doing therapy and it's going really well, not 100% percent yet but I'll take it. This therapist is very tough doesn't let me get away with sloppy form and he's giving me tough exercises to do, he's sure challenging me but I rather have it the way. My previous therapist didn't do much of anything other that massage and some whimpy exercises. The therapist told me that if keep doing the exercises and continue to improve I am going to be a much better runner-and that my friend is music to my ears:singing:

so i thought the end of the week was Sunday and the new week begins on Monday? wasn't that agreed upon?

oh well. today, Monday, i ran over 7m on the trails. slight rain so it was fun. and i went a little faster today too.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test