Mileage Reporting 16th Week of 2013

Went to the gym and did a short 30 minute ST workout. I am still trying to bounce back after that nearly month of sickness and am still trying to get fully normal. I was extremely weak so I only did 1/3 of my normal workout (chest, triceps, and biceps). I decided to listen to my body and go home, and now I realize I may not have listened soon enough. Feeling pretty sick right now (I think from exerting too much energy when my body isn't fully back to feeling 100% yet, not because I am still sick). Getting back to my healthy eating too should help. Seems when you're sick one tends to want easy foods, which we know are not often healthy foods. Hopefully in another week I will start feeling more normal.

Did a half mile, Lung O fire, butt cheeks slapping against my thighs, man boobs flopping around so violently I am surprised my T shirt did not remove my nips!
Gotta little work ahead of me :D

So graphic even I almost got scandalized, but somehow managed my way through it with smelling salts.
Such er, attributes are easily acquired and a struggle to remove; keep at it.
:)

Thanks Chris for giving me a goal... I kept thinking... got to beat Chris's 15 mile easy pace... huff, huff, got to beat his 15 mile easy pace... huff, huff, lol

Made it in 43:46 for a 7:04 pace (10k). Was only half your distance, and I certainly wouldnt call it easy lol! But I was thrilled, thats my second fastest pace in any race. And it was a pretty small race, I pulled off 3rd overall and got my first plaque! Maybe I'll put up another thread about it. Thanks for giving me some motivation!

I'm a bit worried about the feet. They held up ok, though the blister I had 2 or 3 weeks ago wasnt completely healed, and I got another smaller blister in the middle of the other blister! :mad: I'm not so much worried about that but I had signed up for a half marathon this comming weekend and my forefoot pads are a bit worn down too. I burned through a little bit of skin on em, no blister or anything, but they are a little sensative. Don't know if they are going to recover in time. This was going to be my first real 'racing season', I didnt figure I'd be starting it with a toe blister and sensative pads! The half this weekend I was just going to take easy anyhow, its a small local race and was going to treat it as a training run for a half two weekends after, the cap city half (~10,000 ppl). I'm a bit nervous about the toughness of my feet. Not sure if staying off them or stimiluting them a little is best, or any particular diet?

AWESOME TIME!
Congratulations!
:D

Reactions: Tristan-OH
Went to the gym and did a short 30 minute ST workout. I am still trying to bounce back after that nearly month of sickness and am still trying to get fully normal. I was extremely weak so I only did 1/3 of my normal workout (chest, triceps, and biceps). I decided to listen to my body and go home, and now I realize I may not have listened soon enough. Feeling pretty sick right now (I think from exerting too much energy when my body isn't fully back to feeling 100% yet, not because I am still sick). Getting back to my healthy eating too should help. Seems when you're sick one tends to want easy foods, which we know are not often healthy foods. Hopefully in another week I will start feeling more normal.

I used to get horrible allergy-exacerbated bacterial sinus infections that would go on and on and on all spring. That aweful run down not oneself feeling is a drag, especially after many weeks.
Seems like you are on the mend, though.
Keep getting as much rest and sleep as you can.

What did the girls make for dinner?
I really shouldn't tell you. Fresh lettuce salad (picked straight from the garden) with home made cream salad dressing http://dailyimprovisations.com/basic-creamy-salad-dressing/ plus, steak, garlic and sour cream mashed potatoes. Home canned peaches on the side. Then, homemade chocolate chocolate chip cookies. I told them they were not inspiring me to be a responsible mother and cook for them!:happy:

3 miles in my Moc3's because, well, I got a nasty slice on the side of one heel from freshly cut wire fencing yesterday. I will be wearing leather RunAMocs from now on when doing that... but back to the run. It included 8 x 40 second sprint intervals, 1/2 mile warm up and cool down on either end of the run. Now, I'm eating yummy left-overs for lunch!

1/2 mile walk to warmup then a 6 mile run on the local roads to a nearby park and back and 1/2 mile walk to cool down. Ran all the hills while keeping an easy effort...first noticeably gain in fitness this Spring...feets held up well about 85% back to normal...road didn't feel very rough today. It was nice 70F no wind partly cloudy and best of all the pollen count was under 2000 unlike last Thursday when it was about 8000.

Stop worrying Tristan, you'll be fine if you have broken skin put some Neosporin on it and that will take care of it.
Congrats on the race-nice pace!

Not broken per se, I did post up a couple pics including a shot of my foot in the picture section, check it if you want. What doesnt really come out in the pic though is a definite ridge around my front pad where I can feel the skin much thicker around it, but pretty thin at the contact point.

I went ahead and downgraded my half marathon this weekend to a 4 miler. Don't want to push it, since I really want to be 100% for my half 2 weeks from this weekend. I havent been up to 13 miles since last september also. Plus my friend is running the 4 miler and I don't want her to have to wait around for over an hour for me to finish! But the Earth Day Challenge 1/2 will be a goal for next year. I won't even race the 4 miler I don't think, I'll just run with her. I've had enough excitement lately anyhow.

About to head out for a quick jog to warm up for some weights. Got to get a little excersize while I am down here all week in cajun land... eating lots of food... :hungry:

3 miles in my Moc3's because, well, I got a nasty slice on the side of one heel from freshly cut wire fencing yesterday. I will be wearing leather RunAMocs from now on when doing that... but back to the run. It included 8 x 40 second sprint intervals, 1/2 mile warm up and cool down on either end of the run. Now, I'm eating yummy left-overs for lunch!
Ouch hope that heals up! Unfortunately going back to natural running we still have unnatural obsticles. There was a piece of old barb wire fence in an unmaintained road I was jogging last year, patches of grass and rocks everywhere, impossible to spot small well tarnished hazards. One of the barbs pierced my heal. Luckily my heel was pretty tough and I don't think it even went all the way through to draw blood or anything

I really shouldn't tell you. Fresh lettuce salad (picked straight from the garden) with home made cream salad dressing http://dailyimprovisations.com/basic-creamy-salad-dressing/ plus, steak, garlic and sour cream mashed potatoes. Home canned peaches on the side. Then, homemade chocolate chocolate chip cookies. I told them they were not inspiring me to be a responsible mother and cook for them!:happy:

Living vicariously through you! WOW. May I someday have big kids who can whip up a meal like that.

OUCH on the owie!
MMMMmmmm jealous on the leftovers!

around 15 miles on the bike, needed stress relief though there was no time for it. Why does the spring end of semester always come up and whack me like that?
skipped the swim since arms were tired today in a good way, lots of arm work swimming and a few weights yesterday told me a day off would help them build up even stronger.

This evening I was feeling a bit lazy after work and decided to go for a run after supper here in my neighborhood instead of driving over to the trails where I normally run. Since the neighborhood consists of mostly old rough asphalt and my pads seem to be not making much head way toward improved conditioning do to winter reappearing week after week i decided to wear my VFF's but wasn't looking forward to wearing them. I walked .7 miles to the nearby lake and figured I'd run 3 laps around it which would be a total of 3.63 miles. Been trying to run 3.5 miles on my runs this week and figured the 3 laps would be close enough. Once I reached the lake and began to run it seemed my form was all over the place as my feet could not feel the ground. This was a bit frustrating :confused: but I tried several attempts to run as close to my barefoot form as I could remember and eventualy came up with something that got me around the lake 3 times for 3.63 miles.
There is a private club restaurant/steak house on the south side of the lake. When I was down wind what ever was cooking sure smelled delicious. Really made me hungry! By the time I was one the last stretch of the 3rd lap my legs where feeling a bit tired. Don't think I was running as efficiently in the VFF's compared to if I would have been BF. After the run I took off the VFF's and walked the .7 miles back home.

Your making me hungry Laura and its my bed time! Sure sounds good though.

How did you get back from the post office?

My first thought was RunningPirate placed a stamp on his forehead at the post office and mailed him self home. :)

Reactions: happysongbird

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts