Winter Challenge - 2012

Lee we have high criteria as to who we allow to be a Winnipegger. That is only one hurdle. We have to have high standards otherwise we wind up allowing weirdos into our midst. You see how having lowers limits have worked out for the Oregon chapter. Just have a look at the pictures of their recent run. :D
Agreed, although I would be willing to contribute a case of any beer of your choosing just to see Mike run in your freezing temps with his loin cloth, especially after hearing Nick's reports of Migangelo's cold intolerance.

But alas, I just remembered a certain individual out this way who run out this way on New Years Day in nothing but a kilt in temps that were in the -20C range. I believe it was called a frozen nipple run. I cannot name this person as he now has very high standing in the world of barefootedness. :rolleyes:
Yah, we have an annual New Year's swim in one of the lakes. Funny how I've never been tempted to participate, and it has nothing to do with being a crappy swimmer.

The unnamed Ambassador is quickly establishing a rep as our most gonzo BFRer now, isn't he? Especially since Jason has backed out from running ultras barefooted, the door's wide open for the barefoot-runner-formerly-known-as-Bob to pick up the slack and show those shoddies a thing or two about ultra gonzality.

Reactions: NickW and dutchie53
Now there you go again, bruising my Borean bravado and making me feel all Californian.

Today's forecast: 38 f / 4 C. Balmy, right? Most of the slush /snow should be off the streets by mid-afternoon. Looking forward to the run already.
Getting downright balmy out your way. Maybe I can save money on my winter vacation by coming out your way to enjoy warmer weather.

Reactions: NickW and Bare Lee
When I lived in Vancouver we had our polar bear swim on New Years day. I got conned into it once by a persuasive lady. So in I went fortified by, wait for it, yup you were right by beer. Never felt the urge to do that again.
Did a similar "polar bear swim" at the Bon Soo Festival in Sault Ste Marie.....sans beer however. Ended up taking multiple dips...
Still not sure why I have a hard time running in colder temps but no qualms about jumping in sub 0 degree water :confused: completely sober.

No, I reserve that title for doctors in socks. Let's stick to loonacy for the moment, and concentrate on which seasoning goes best with your particular bird, something along the lines of cumin and turmeric, a la Baia, perhaps?
sazao, sabor a mim, alho, cebola perhaps....lol

Reactions: Bare Lee
I hope you realize you're assisting me in hijacking this thread. You could be prosecuted as an accomplice.
Dang it Lee.....you are quite the hustler! :mad:

PS: accusing you of thread hijacking keeps the attention off of me even though I have an intense case of UTHM (unexplanitory thread hijacking mania) :oops:

Reactions: jldeleon and NickW
I thought you were on meds; you've been showing remarkable restraint lately.
That's because I had resorted to an intellectual lobotomy....I think the effects are wearing off....

Can I consider this an honorary title?:

Sir Bare Lee, Winter Pagan.

Do I get some kind of honorarium for each degree minus Celcius I run?

Can I have a free pass to the next folk festival?

Oh, I have a certificate for you, just you wait until I figure out how to upload it. :D

Yah, we have an annual New Year's swim in one of the lakes. Funny how I've never been tempted to participate, and it has nothing to do with being a crappy swimmer.

The unnamed Ambassador is quickly establishing a rep as our most gonzo BFRer now, isn't he? Especially since Jason has backed out from running ultras barefooted, the door's wide open for the barefoot-runner-formerly-known-as-Bob to pick up the slack and show those shoddies a thing or two about ultra gonzality.

Who is this guy?
And why is he using my name?
But seriously that is some very large bare-foot prints to follow, Jason is a Super-Star.

Who is this guy?
And why is he using my name?
But seriously that is some very large bare-foot prints to follow, Jason is a Super-Star.
From now on, I will only refer to you as "The Ambassador."

And of course, I didn't mean in any way to take away from Jason's accomplishments or continuing leadership in the barefoot/minimalist community. I know he's decided to focus more on performance in minimalist shoes and that's perfectly fine. It's just that we need guys like you and Chris to keep pushing the barefoot limits.

Reactions: NickW and Zetti