What is the worst thing you've ever stepped on?

So I am pretty sure this

So I am pretty sure this thread jinxed me. I had been barefooting for over 6 months without ever having drawn blood when I read this. Next run....bleeding from 3 spots on my foot (small glass shards).

Goose crap is annoying because a field is often blanketed in it, making it hard to avoid. I have kind of stopped caring though and I just plow through it now.

Are you sure it was glass and

Are you sure it was glass and not a singularity?

@ Nyal...dude, you make me

@ Nyal...dude, you make me laugh every day...thank you!!

Goose poop,  checkGlass,

Goose poop, check

Glass, nope

Pebbles embedded, check (no lost time)

Thorns, once through my Bikilas

Bees, nope

Singularities...is there such a thing as plural singularities? Sounds like an oxymoron to me.

Ha!  Plowing through the

Ha! Plowing through the poop! Now that there is funny!

I had a slug stuck between my toes on a rain run once. It was squishy! The poor thing.

I've had the luck of stepping

I've had the luck of stepping on a couple of goatheads. Those things are nasty. Wanted to post a funny pic that I did in parody of the whole stepping on glass sort of thing, but I can't seem to preview it in this thread and not sure if its going to work.

Here's a try...

Zap, when I look at the

Zap, when I look at the properties of that picture, there are none. I mean there's no location or URL for the file.

I see many of you pulling

I see many of you pulling stuff out with a needle or not getting it out at all. What works for me is soak in hot (as hot as you can) soapy water. The hot water softens the skin and the soap makes the object slippery. I usally can squish stuff right out without any pain. I have very often had splinters or thorns in my hands and feet.

Barefoot TJ wrote:Zap, when

Barefoot TJ said:
Zap, when I look at the properties of that picture, there are none. I mean there's no location or URL for the file.

It's weird, TJ. This is the code I used:

What am I doing wrong?

I have no idea.  I can't

I have no idea. I can't troubleshoot this at the moment, so here's the link everyone: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/r7irOfOqScspRZRO-LlRH3qybHgKbYPSwyq7imCIO6A?feat=directlink

High in the top 5 most

High in the top 5 most frequently asked questions 'have you ever stepped in dog poo?'

My true answer, only once! And that was in the most unexpected place.

In a temple in Bangkok where being barefoot was compulsary. I suppose I was off my guard and not looking where I was putting my feet. Walking on the smooth, cool tiles in the temple, I nearly slipped over on the most gigantic dog poo! There were several wild dogs lying aroung the site. The smell was appauling but I did manage to find a water tap to clean my foot with.

Now that's the last place I

Now that's the last place I would suspect poo too.

Nyal wrote: Close calls? I

Nyal said:
Close calls? I came within a mm of a quantum singularity. It was just on the wrong side of a log. Normal physics cannot describe what would happen beyond the event horizon so I don't know how dangerous it could have been. Maybe it could have fixed my MT for all I know

I'm sure custom orthodics would of protected you from any quantum singularity :).

mykroberts said:
So I am pretty sure this thread jinxed me. I had been barefooting for over 6 months without ever having drawn blood when I read this. Next run....bleeding from 3 spots on my foot (small glass shards).

:-( Sorry for jinxing you

Oh, fun!

Oh, fun!

Oh geez, thanks for that!

Oh geez, thanks for that!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts