The BRS Rocky Raccoon Thread.

HELLS YEAH!!!!

HELLS YEAH!!!!

I have to get back to running

I have to get back to running before I can taper... I think my ankle is back to 100% but I've gotten lazy over the past week and a half! I'll probably get out for a run tomorrow and ease back in over the weekend. I plan on doing a two week taper with very little running heading up to race day. Maybe 50 miles the 1st taper week and 20 miles the 2nd

Hell, Im just happy to be

Hell, Im just happy to be back running again, I havent even thought about a taper but more about getig back to where I was....

Ive had good luck with 1 to 2 week tapers in the past. I did a 3 week once and it was WAAAAAAAAYYY too long.

NotSoDoomedRunner wrote:How

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
How long before an ultra do you typically do your last long run?
I like to do my last long run 3 weeks prior to the race. I am going to try something like 30/20, 20/10, 8/rest for the 3 weekends heading up to RR.

Im not sure, looks like I

Im not sure, looks like I might be able to sneak in a few B2Bs between now and then. This damn injury screwed everything up worse than that time I thought my tooth brush was a Honey Badger, so Im set back a little and somewhat cautious of ramping up the long runs again, especially B2Bs...

Im still confident that Ill be able to hit 50, but I think it will be a death march somewhere towards the end.

Chaserwilliams wrote:Im not

Chaserwilliams said:
Im not sure, looks like I might be able to sneak in a few B2Bs between now and then. This damn injury screwed everything up worse than that time I thought my tooth brush was a Honey Badger, so Im set back a little and somewhat cautious of ramping up the long runs again, especially B2Bs... Im still confident that Ill be able to hit 50, but I think it will be a death march somewhere towards the end.

I'm feeling a tad the same. I really counted on this week being a big ramp up week after my week away for work and so far it has not been that great. Hopefully I can still get this 25 miler in this week.

I'm finally back to running

I'm finally back to running this week and got in a fair amount of cardio last week. The ankle feels about 95% with just lingering tightness that I hope to run off in the coming days. I'm going to take it easy into next week and focus more on getting fat than running this weekend!

NotSoDoomedRunner

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
Chaserwilliams said:
Im not sure, looks like I might be able to sneak in a few B2Bs between now and then. This damn injury screwed everything up worse than that time I thought my tooth brush was a Honey Badger, so Im set back a little and somewhat cautious of ramping up the long runs again, especially B2Bs... Im still confident that Ill be able to hit 50, but I think it will be a death march somewhere towards the end.

I'm feeling a tad the same. I really counted on this week being a big ramp up week after my week away for work and so far it has not been that great. Hopefully I can still get this 25 miler in this week.
Yall will both be fine! But I'll put out some tissues and clean panties for yall at the finish line (chase - label yours so I don't grab a pair of your wife's out of yalls suitcase!)

Its all good! We share

Its all good! We share panties.

Ran 8 miles today on a trail

Ran 8 miles today on a trail that should be nearly identical to the ones in Huntsville! It wasnt nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Going back tomorrow for 20ish on the rest of the trail system, cant wait!!!

Some of our best runs are

Some of our best runs are the crappiest, as they force us to acknowledge our abilities and our limitatons, and therefore humble us. Use the bad ones to reflect on what you did wrong, learn from it, and make the next one that much better. And, in the meantime, don't forget about all the incredible runs you've had thus far and all those about to come.

Sorry guys, I'm a little late

Sorry guys, I'm a little late to the party. I'll definitely be there. I've totally dropped the ball on finding camping, but it's par for the course with my current lifestyle.

I'm still debating footwear. I have Across the Years in a few days... that should be a good test.

I actually thought about

I actually thought about barefoot at one point. I think I might buy some MT110s based on the reviews. I am thinking it would be good for my first.

Dave, what size do you

Dave, what size do you wear?

I'm still contemplating barefoot. I haven't done too much, but still have plenty of time to sharpen the skills. Weather will likely be a major factor. if it's as cold as Dallas, I'm going shod.
wink_smile.gif

Generally an 8.5 or 9 in

Generally an 8.5 or 9 in "normal" shoes. I got a 9 in MTGs and they are perfect width but just a tad too long. I saw a guy put pics in the Tejas Trails Facebook grop and those roots do look like some protection would be needed on a first ultra. If weather is good and one has done an ultra before, barefoot looks completely doable.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon