The BRS Rocky Raccoon Thread.

It works now.  I had a typo

It works now. I had a typo in the menu when I created it, if you were accessing it from the drop-down, but if you accessed it directly from the Forums tab, it worked. Should be fine now. Let me know if you have any more problems with it.

When I get to the main

When I get to the main screen, at the bottom it has posts I have made that have new comments. I can get to it from there. When I go to the ultra board nothing shows up.

Oh, now it works! I will

Oh, now it works! I will check on home computer to see if it works there now. It is working from the office.

Doom - thawed out yet? So

Doom - thawed out yet?

So what do yall plan on doing for training from here on out? Time goal? Foot protection, if any....

I'm taking the rest of this week off and maybe part of next week before easing back into things. My focus will be on getting in 3 50 mile weekends in between the end of December and the start of tapering. I'll do as much midweek running as my schedule will allow but my focus will be those weekends.

I'm thinking that I will aim for sub-10 hour and most likely sport my Luna sandals.

Sub 12, barefoot with my

Sub 12, barefoot with my huaraches as backup just in case.

Yeah, I had a decent run

Yeah, I had a decent run today. Cold and dry here in Austin.

As far as a time goal, sub 12. Probably trail gloves, but a lot of it will depend on the conditions. I've got a few options. I may go huaraches if it is wet.

Training, I'm going up to 60 mile weeks with some 30 mile long runs. A little more spread throughout the week.

Whoohoo!! Ive ran 5 miles

Whoohoo!! Ive ran 5 miles this week! Rocky Raccoon better get ready for me!

NotSoDoomedRunner

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
Yeah, I had a decent run today. Cold and dry here in Austin.

As far as a time goal, sub 12. Probably trail gloves, but a lot of it will depend on the conditions. I've got a few options. I may go huaraches if it is wet.

Training, I'm going up to 60 mile weeks with some 30 mile long runs. A little more spread throughout the week.

I'm the opposite. I'll go huaraches if it is dry. I have a real hard time running in them when it is wet and my foot slides all over the place - the huarache grips the ground just fine but my foot doesn't grip the huarache. I'll go MT110 if it is wet.

Okay. I talked to a guy at

Okay. I talked to a guy at work today who has run this 3 times. He suggests we book our camp sites asap. I'm still fine with 1, but I guess I can ask him how many he thinks they fit... do you guys care if we do 1 or 2? So far for camping it is Bubba, Chase and Chase's wife, David, and Barefoot Jim. So 4 tents. Also, do we want water only or water + electric. If we want electricity, we probably need to move. There are 12 of those, 46 with just water.

I have a portable electric

I have a portable electric generator that can charge cell phones, watches, and run a coffee pot in the morning. If we need more power than that, then I suggest we get an electric site. How much are the sites? I think two side-by-side would be the best setup.

I dont need either really.

I dont need either really. Ill have my Garmin fully charged, along with my phone. And what good with a water hookup do if we have nothing to hook up to it?

So Im down for whatever. Has anyone checked on avaliability for 2 side by side units?

Oh, and did we ever get final

Oh, and did we ever get final word on wether or not SillyC will be joining us?

I thought she was not, but we

I thought she was not, but we could check. I don't see an option for two side by sides when you reserve online. I can call Monday morning and ask them if they can do it that way?

NotSoDoomedRunner wrote:I

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
I thought she was not, but we could check. I don't see an option for two side by sides when you reserve online. I can call Monday morning and ask them if they can do it that way?

Yeah, you should call on Monday. That online booking system is pretty wack and I think that talking to a human would probably yield better results.

RR training update - I managed to hold myself to 0 miles this week. This is the 1st week in forever that I have not run at all. The ankle is feeling a lot better and I was able to do the balance ball in the gym yesterday for the 1st time since I hurt it. I will probably take most of next week off and then ease back into running next weekend. I still sticking to my plan to build this whole 6ish weeks of training around those 3 50 mile weekends with 30/20 splits.

Dont feel too bad Bubba, Ive

Dont feel too bad Bubba, Ive got a staggering 5 miles in for the last 3 weeks... Im thinking my training for a few weeks if not months will be based off of long weekend trail runs. With my "Seismoiditis" I think hard surfaces should be avoided as they would just irritate it more. The plus to that is that I needed to run trails more anyways!

I did not have that low of a

I did not have that low of a week, but it as not a lot and this week will be very low mileage... then up go the miles! Will try to get a break tomorrow and call,

If anyone else goes crazy and

If anyone else goes crazy and decides to join us our campsite is PRAIRIE BRANCH. There are 8 sites left.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon