The BRS Rocky Raccoon Thread.

Dave, who are you? have we

Dave, who are you? have we met? Are you doomed runner?

Yes I am. I wish that I had

Yes I am. I wish that I had kept that name over here... I made this a while back though. This is also my twitter name though. But yes. I am doomed. Or not so doomed.

Im in!David (or do you

Im in!

David (or do you prefer Dave?), you will be running your first ultra, 50 miles, with me.... Id say your pretty Fn doomed.. hahaha!

You can always change your

You can always change your screen name. Just tell me, and we'll make it happen.

Well.... My right foot is

Well.... My right foot is STILL numb, so Im starting to question this race... Ive still got 2 months till race dayso if I can be up and running my normal mileage by next week sometime then I think Ill be able to make it. If not then I think Ill be there at an aid station.

Yeah, if I can change it to

Yeah, if I can change it to NotSoDoomedRunner or even better (NotSo)DoomedRunner, I'd be pretty happy.

Chaser- Dave vs. David has never mattered to me. Professionally, people tend to call me David, friends tend to call me Dave. But I have absolutely no preference.

I had lunch with Jim yesterday and we talked about 50 miles with you and the potential conversation! We also laughed that since everyone else in our group will probably have a beer or three after the race, it will be up to you to keep things under control!

Chaserwilliams wrote:Well....

Chaserwilliams said:
Well.... My right foot is STILL numb, so Im starting to question this race... Ive still got 2 months till race dayso if I can be up and running my normal mileage by next week sometime then I think Ill be able to make it. If not then I think Ill be there at an aid station.
Have you registered? I think there are less than 70 spots left with over 650 already taken. I can certainly understand waiting to register. I waited until this morning to book my hotel and finalize things for this weekends 100k.

I dubb thee

I dubb thee NotSoDoomedRuner. I couldn't add the parenthesis, since those are illegal characters. Not sure what they did to be so wrong. :sad:

Wow.... They go from 45

Wow.... They go from 45 openings at 12:30, to sold out at 3:00.... WHILE IM ON MY FORKING WAY HOME TO REGISTER!!!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I emailed Joe (the RD) about my predicament and told him that if nothing opened up I would volunteer wherever I could be of assistance for the race.

Oh, Jason, if there arent any openings and your still in need of a pacer let me know!

Bandit 

Bandit :stare:

Ok, great news! Im in!!! Not

Ok, great news! Im in!!!

Not going to say how, but Joe Prusitis (RD) is my new hero!!!!

Oh, geez, what did you

Oh, geez, what did you promise him?

The show of a lifetime....

The show of a lifetime.... Ok, not really. Just explained that the race sold out as I was on my way home and asked if he had a list of alternatives or anything like that and told him Id volunteer my help if nothing opened up. Apparently something did open up. lol.

Hopefully my foot heals up ASAP so I can complete the necessary training for this race...

I hate to buck the forum

I hate to buck the forum structure but should we move this discussion over to the ultra sub forum? I plan on resting my ankle this week but will track my training for this race on here. Maybe start RR training thread on the ultra sub forum?

Feel free to try. Let me

Feel free to try. Let me know if you have any trouble.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts