Shoes are loud

paintboy

Barefooters
Jun 12, 2011
July 4th was my second race in VFFs. There were a lot of people and I started in the middle of the herd. The first half mile was almost deafening. I had forgotten how much noise regular shoe make. I'm used to the light pat pat pat of my feet.

I've noticed the same thing

I've noticed the same thing while racing. I'm not terribly fast, so I'd hear some heavy footed shodder from hundreds of feet behind me moving up and past, and be amazed at how much energy they expended smacking the ground. Oye!

I like to say to them (as

I like to say to them (as they pass me because I am such a turtle), "I could hear you coming a mile away!" Ha!

The one thing that I don't

The one thing that I don't like about races, the loud noise of other people's shoes, especially after I have passed them and they don't want some barefoot guy beating them, so they speed up and then their form starts to get worse and their shoes get even louder.

I actually kind of enjoy that

I actually kind of enjoy that towards the end of a race: some shodder will be trying to catch up to me and I can hear the shoes waaaay before I can hear the labored breathing. And then before they can actually pull even, we'll reach an uphill section... and I get to smile a bit as I hear (clearly) the footsteps become slower and more distant.

Yes Spooner I noticed that.

Yes Spooner I noticed that. They don't want the weird guy to do better than them.

I've had runners in races do

I've had runners in races do that to me too. I'm competition all of a sudden, me the turtle!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7