Mileage Reporting 32nd Week of 2013

Only 1.68 miles today. I took off and was feeling great and then at 1.3 miles a dang bee got stuck between my visor and my eyebrow and stung the crap out of me. Walked most of the way back as I tried to run but running made the eye feel worse and kinda made me dizzy. Don't think I'm allergic but it hurt like hell and made my eye somewhat close. Anyhow, now let's hope the honey do's (condo is finally sold and got to get ready to move out now) can get done before I fall asleep from the benedryl.

I did a 5k today. Walked most of it. I think I ran about 1-2 km only.
How does top of foot pain feel when it starts? just as it sounds, and then it gets worse if I don't rest???
Yes, but it can be all over the top, even close to ankle, in my experience, although it's usually concentrated right over the metatarsals. Also in my experience, there's no need to rest it if it hasn't gotten too bad. Just massage the shin and calf muscles a lot with a 'stick', roller, ball, Knobble, or whathaveyou. You should feel a release or flush in the foot while you massage if indeed the problem is in your tendons and muscles. I also like to stretch the foot while sitting in a figure-four crossed-legged position, pulling the toes towards me and away while digging my fingers into my shin muscles. You can also massage the arch of your foot while in this position. Basically, massage and stretch any and all muscles in your lower leg and feet and see if this helps. If massage and/or stretching doesn't alleviate the pain and/or tightness, you might consider other possible causes of the pain, like a stress reaction, but given your conditioning, I doubt you have weak bones.

We had about as much fun as can be had in downtown St. Paul. With more time, I could've shown Dutchie some better spots. We did get to watch an older, bearded gent take a nap close to our table for a bit before being hauled away by a few officers of the peace. Another woman walked down the pedestrian plaza where we had parked ourselves shouting something at no one in particular. This is about as good as it gets in St. Paul. We may have the capitol, but we have trouble competing with Minneapolis in almost every other respect. Although on a family boat ride down the Mississippi Friday afternoon, I was reminded of how spectacular downtown St. Paul looks from the river, perched up on the bluffs, with the prisoners of the county jail looking out with magnificent views.
Hahaha! how fun.
Tight reins ah?
My husband went to Macallester and we go to that area of town sometimes when we are MN and I have to admit it is beautiful and I actually picture what you're describing.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Only 1.68 miles today. I took off and was feeling great and then at 1.3 miles a dang bee got stuck between my visor and my eyebrow and stung the crap out of me. Walked most of the way back as I tried to run but running made the eye feel worse and kinda made me dizzy. Don't think I'm allergic but it hurt like hell and made my eye somewhat close. Anyhow, now let's hope the honey do's (condo is finally sold and got to get ready to move out now) can get done before I fall asleep from the benedryl.
poor baby:bawling:
Congrats on selling your condo-where to now?

Yes, but it can be all over the top, even close to ankle, in my experience, although it's usually concentrated right over the metatarsals. Also in my experience, there's no need to rest it if it hasn't gotten too bad. Just massage the shin and calf muscles a lot with a 'stick', roller, ball, Knobble, or whathaveyou. You should feel a release or flush in the foot while you massage if indeed the problem is in your tendons and muscles. I also like to stretch the foot while sitting in a figure-four crossed-legged position, pulling the toes towards me and away while digging my fingers into my shin muscles. You can also massage the arch of your foot while in this position. Basically, massage and stretch any and all muscles in your lower leg and feet and see if this helps. If massage and/or stretching doesn't alleviate the pain and/or tightness, you might consider other possible causes of the pain, like a stress reaction, but given your conditioning, I doubt you have weak bones.

thank you!

How does top of foot pain feel when it starts? just as it sounds, and then it gets worse if I don't rest???

Were you barefooted or in your vibrams? Regardless, I think you're doing a little much.
Be careful! remember?

My issues with TOFP resolved when I simply switched to going totally barefoot until the form was more intuitive. Sometimes, I still do things wrong when totally barefoot, but it is much easier to correct form when I can feel my whole foot/sole.

Hooray for selling the condo!! Yeah, you would want your blood circulation to quiet down until your body had dealt with the initial reaction to the bee sting. ouie.

BTW - they do make non-drowsy antihistamines, now. I only found this out last year - lol!

Benadryl, that stuff produces a wicked hangover in me. Had a case where I got stung in the morning while filling gas in my car on the way to work, bought some Benadryl on the way home, took it in the early evening and I woke up the next day with a feeling like my head had expanded about 5 times and my brain had shrunk to the size of a dehydrated pea. I didn't get back to feeling somewhat normal til the next day.

I'm never going to take that shit again.

Benadryl, that stuff produces a wicked hangover in me. Had a case where I got stung in the morning while filling gas in my car on the way to work, bought some Benadryl on the way home, took it in the early evening and I woke up the next day with a feeling like my head had expanded about 5 times and my brain had shrunk to the size of a dehydrated pea. I didn't get back to feeling somewhat normal til the next day.

Benadryl is what I take in place of sleeping pills, actually. And THAT is exactly why!

Try it just for the heck of it, maybe it was the bee sting the made you fell that way and not the Benadryl.
TRY IT AGAIN:hungry:

My issues with TOFP resolved when I simply switched to going totally barefoot until the form was more intuitive. Sometimes, I still do things wrong when totally barefoot, but it is much easier to correct form when I can feel my whole foot/sole.

Ok, thank you.

Reactions: happysongbird
I don't know what the fudge is going on I hadn't run since like forever, July 27th to be precise.
I had "Malaria" for about three? maybe four days last week so I didn't exercise at all and then we had company from Friday-Sunday and there was no time for exercise either BUT yesterday I woke up with severe pain on the tendon the runs from the big toe all the way up to the ankle and around the big joint where to foot attaches to the lower leg:mad: .
And that's is very irritaing to be dealing with that shit since I have done abosuletely NOTHING:mad:
So anyways, I have being reading about what could possibly be the cause and one is overtraining WHICH I AM NOT:mad: and another one is spinal issues in L4 and L5 which is what I have:mad: so I guess that solves the mistery. Maaaaan there is no win here:banghead:

Oh No Dama! Hope you get to feeling better!

Reactions: Barefoot Dama
10.5km/6.6mi recovery run. I tried to concentrate on my breathing technique.

I think I breath a bit too shallow. And also cannot breath through my nose (I do a combination of nose/mouth).

Does anyone have a trick/technique to learn breathing effectively ?

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts