I might have hurt my foot

I think it's hard for me to put into words how better off I feel running barefoot.
I agree. I haven't run nearly as much as you, but I did run shod about 15 miles a week for almost three years 10 years ago, no problem. Since running barefoot again, I've gotten typical running injuries I never experienced before, like ITBS, but I would nevertheless never go back to shod running.

P.S., I still think you guys should consider the sore tendon-tight muscle connection

I think I'm one of the lucky ones for whom sz 42 VFF Bikilas fit like gloves. I go back and forth without hesitation and have run for weeks BF and put on the VFFs for a 15K trail run and the feet never seemed to notice.

Like others above, Nick and BF G, I just prefer to feel the ground.

Just following up, my stubborn self of course ran the race. :p
The foot was feeling better, I jogged a couple miles on it the day before and it didnt seem to feel any different. Made sure to massage everything good and stretch out the feet good the night and morning before. And instead of racing I just ran with my friend at her pace, which put us both finishing at 37:28 for a 9:22 pace. I did it bare. Starting out it was still in the 30's but by race time I think the forecast had low 40's. My feet were pretty darn cold from the wet grass and such, and after my brief warmup in the parking lot it was nearly impossible to do any more warming up around the crowd at the starting line. But we went out slow and easy, my feet warmed up fast and my foot didnt seem to bother any more than just walking around on it did. Had a nice fun run, was able to carry a conversation the whole time at that pace (hadnt even seen my running gal since like early summer), and got my bottle of wine at the end!

flyingfeather2012.jpg

But of course it did flare up my foot issue afterwards, and I was hobbling around the rest of the day. Its down to almost nothing now, but I am just going to take it easy. For the next couple weeks I'll do really light training to give it plenty of time to recoup.

Thanks for all the advice everyone, I do think I overreacted. It was pretty bad the first few days though. It seems the problems that come up that I never seek advice and just assume they will go away / heal in a couple of days will linger on and on, but the problems that I get worried about and post about quickly end up going away the next day or two. lol

Reactions: Bare Lee

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon