I just completed my first Ultra

So I met up with Barefoot Pablo at the Epiphany Ultra in the Oakland hills of CA this last weekend and ran my first 50k! I haven't ran since my trail marathon in October, but have been keeping up with my strength training and trying to stay uninjured. We completed it in 7:26 (Pablo had to resort to a little motivational clapping to get me moving at a couple spots, HA!!) but we did it!

Neither one of us were completely barefoot (we both wore Merrells), but we managed to make it through 4369' of elevation change and a little technical trail in some spots. I swear there wasn't even one flat part to that race!

Had a great time and am even considering a 50 miler at some point in my future, but we'll see.

Glad you're doing well and

Glad you're doing well and having fun. Congrats!

Thanks so much guys. Much of

Thanks so much guys. Much of our run was laughing and cracking jokes. Definitely still smiling. It was great fun and I'm in much better shape after the 50k than the marathon. Can't wait to do another.

Schweet!!! Congrats!

Schweet!!! Congrats!

WOW! That's a lot of K's!

WOW! That's a lot of K's!

BFwillie_g wrote:Congrats,

BFwillie_g said:
Congrats, Zap! :) How do you feel now? I mean physically...

I'm not too bad today. A little sore but not crippled so I'm good. Yeah. I don't see myself doing anything less than a marathon now. I still haven't found my potential. :)

zapmamak wrote:I'm not too

zapmamak said:
I'm not too bad today. A little sore but not crippled so I'm good. Yeah. I don't see myself doing anything less than a marathon now. I still haven't found my potential. :)

That's a phenomenal change from this time last year. Congratulations!

DNEchris wrote:zapmamak

DNEchris said:
zapmamak said:
That's a phenomenal change from this time last year. Congratulations!
Thanks, Chris! This is seriously epic for me. :bigsmile:

Barefoot Gentile

Barefoot Gentile said:
Contrats and nice job! I hope to get in my first 50k this year, I am still doing marathons but ready to move up a bit.
Dude! That's awesome! To me the difference between the marathon and the 50k seems insignificant, although, I have had about a week of recovery and nostalgia now, so I probably wasn't thinking that last Sunday on the last 3 miles all uphill. Hahahaha!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7