Are KSO's hard to put on?

Barefoot Cassie

Barefooters
Sep 10, 2010
I just got some KSO's today. They are impossible to put on. It took a good 10 min. to get one on, then I still had to get the other one on. Once on they seem to fit great. I think the opening is small? They are hard to pull over my heels.

Is this just an issue I'm having? So many people seem to enjoy these shoes but I can't see myself enjoying them if it is going to take me so long to put them on every time.

Could you return them for the

Could you return them for the Classics or Sprints. I understand those two models are the easiest to get on. Of course, that would defeat the purpose of the KSOs, but...

They take some time for the

They take some time for the first few days. Soon you'll get the hang of it and they'll take no more time to don than any other shoes. :) Less time in fact, than shoes that you have to tie.

Oh, and it is not the toe

Oh, and it is not the toe thing that is hard to do. It is actually stretching the opening of the shoe enough to pull it over my heel.

TJ, if I return them then I'm going the run amoc route.

it gets easier to get into

it gets easier to get into them after some breaking in. The upper is made to be snug so the shoe doesn't flop around on your foot. It will never be like sliding on slippers but I get my kso's on in a few seconds now and like Norm said, faster than shoes I have to tie.

Cassie, I know what you mean.

Cassie, I know what you mean. When I first got my KSOs, I told my wife they shouldn't have called them "five fingers", but that they ought to be called "thirty minutes". 'Cause that's how long it seemed to take to get them on. ;) But it does get easier after you have been doing it for a while.

Okay, I gave them another

Okay, I gave them another chance but I just don't like them. If you look at the avatar pic of my foot you can see that my pinky toe is cubby and the to next to it turns in at a funny angle. Well, that doesn't bother me (I never really paid attention to it) but it sure made the KSO's uncomfortable. My toes just didn't fit into the pockets correctly.

So, I'm sending the KSO's back and I'm going to order the run amoc lites....keep my toes together and keep them happy. ;)

I completely agree with

I completely agree with Miker. The first time I tried them on, it took 20 minutes and I was sweating like crazy! Though I can get them on in the matter of about 2 minutes now after 2 weeks. Something I did for the first week I had mine was, when I wasn't wearing them, I had a paper towel stuffed into the pinky toe and the toe next to it to stretch the fabric out and it has helped greatly!

I have to separate my toes

I have to separate my toes since my pinky and the toe right next to it, my ring toe...whats that toe called.....anyways I have to help them into the toe slots but have not had a problem getting my foot into the shoes.

I have the Treks though and they are quite soft.

I first tried treks, (in the

I first tried treks, (in the shop) and couldn't get them on at all, because I had to manually push my pinky out to get it into the pocket, and that was hard to do for any model with a full upper. I went with sprints which were much easier.

I've got some treks now, and gradually getting the hang of getting my pinky into it's pocket. (which is actually kind of pointless - I brought a size too big, and it escapes within 10 minutes anyway)

Marc

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts