Mileage Reporting 5th Week of 2013

1.5 mile "micro" run. Still running with the little pooch. She is running further now though and my pace is getting quicker on the "micro" runs. Should have the little princess (a shih tzu) till the end of the week before she goes home. Should have her up to a couple of miles at least by then. :) My daughter just gave me my first grandson, he weighed 4 lbs 11 oz, and arrived about 6 weeks early. Both my daughter and baby are doing great.

1.5 mile "micro" run. Still running with the little pooch. She is running further now though and my pace is getting quicker on the "micro" runs. Should have the little princess (a shih tzu) till the end of the week before she goes home. Should have her up to a couple of miles at least by then. :) My daughter just gave me my first grandson, he weighed 4 lbs 11 oz, and arrived about 6 weeks early. Both my daughter and baby are doing great.
Congratulations Dutchie! Great news!

P.S., it's interesting you're already noticing an increase in pace. I read somewhere that the Kenyans (to the extent they can all be grouped together), work first on pace and then on distance. I think the idea is to train one's neuromuscular system and attain a certain level of running economy before working on aerobic capacity and ability to use lactate as fuel.

P.S.P.S., I just tweaked my MCL while doing a kneeling stretch, from my karate days. Icing it now. Hopefully I can run on it in a bit. Oh brother.

Congrats!! being a grand'pa must feel awesome! you spoil them and then send them back home!
Good to hear that maom and bayby are doing well.

[quote="Bare Lee, post: 118041, member: 29
P.S.P.S., I just tweaked my MCL while doing a kneeling stretch, from my karate days. Icing it now. Hopefully I can run on it in a bit. Oh brother.[/quote]

Oh for Pete's sake,what's wrong with you?

45min barefoot stairmaster. Florida is mostly flat, and I was concerned before my run yesterday that I hadn't done any incline/stair work in a while, as I was feeling tired walking up a slight incline. So I hit the stairmaster today and did fine at a higher setting than usual. Apparently, I was just tired and sleepy yesterday. After all those basebuilding runs, the stairmaster wasn't bad at all. I forgot how nice exercising in the morning was, as I didn't have to race against waning daylight and had time to run some errands after work, too.

Congratulations! Good to know everyone is doing great and you have your first job as grandpa, training the micro-dog to be major-bad-a$$! ;)

Reactions: Bare Lee
First run in I think about two weeks! It was upper 60's here and I got out of work with enough time to stop off at a park on my way home. Got a hair over 5 miles and it felt great. Barefoot for the first time this year I think? Well other than kicking off the shoes for just the last half mile a couple times maybe. Also the first run at the park this year... I got to see other humans running too! Lol

excellent news!

Oh for Pete's sake,what's wrong with you?
Do we need to put you in a bubble?
Yah, I know :eek: .

There are at least four possible explanations.

1. Deciding to join this mileage reporting forum in August has jinxed me. I joined so that I could be counseled through my recovery from tofp, which cleared up as soon as I joined. Then everything else started happening. I should probably stop reporting everything until I've had a few eventless months.

2. Someone in Mozambique is vexing me. Yesterday my wife sent a wedding dress to one of her cousins, then immediately began to feel nauseous and I got this knee tweak. Obviously, another cousin must be envious and has put a spell on us for this misperceived favoritism.

3. This is god's way of stopping the daily running streak before it got out of hand and led to worse idiocy.

4. This is god's way of making sure I stick to micro runs and finally establish my 8mm pace base before building back up.

In any case, by dinner time the knee was already feeling better. It's funny, it didn't hurt at all while I was kneeling, only when I got up. I guess the MCL is still tender from October, and can't yet be stretched all the way. I thought it was 100% since I hadn't felt even the slightest niggle for at least a month. For an hour or two I was limping, and cursing myself, but now it's just a dull ache, barely there. I'll go on a short run today to test it out. I should probably adopt the Skedaddle protocol and only report positive results! We're all getting tired of this, right? Truthful reporting has its limits.

Reactions: scedastic
Your up late Lee. Surprised to see you on here this late. Isn't it like 12:30am your time? Do you ever sleep? ;)
Yah, I think I'm finally getting over this flu bug despite not sleeping enough, and now with the extra energy I can't sleep. Basically, I need to exercise an hour a day in order to sleep well. Today I didn't do anything, so, despite having woken up at 3am, I can't turn off my brain right now.

Reactions: NickW
Yah, I think I'm finally getting over this flu bug despite not sleeping, and now with the extra energy I can't sleep. Basically, I need to exercise an hour a day in order to sleep well. Today I didn't do anything, so, despite having woken up at 3am, I can't turn off my brain right now. Will try to lay down in a bit.
I know how that is unfortunately. I don't get to see the doc for another two weeks so I am not running or anything at least until then. Hoping I have good news (meaning fast recovery if I follow rules) vs a long slow recovery that involves a boot... I need to still go to the gym for ST training, but I have lost motivation with the loss of being able to run. Sucks because then I am up late and then up early with the boy the next morning.

Reactions: Bare Lee
I know how that is unfortunately. I don't get to see the doc for another two weeks so I am not running or anything at least until then. Hoping I have good news (meaning fast recovery if I follow rules) vs a long slow recovery that involves a boot... I need to still go to the gym for ST training, but I have lost motivation with the loss of being able to run. Sucks because then I am up late and then up early with the boy the next morning.

Did I miss something? are you injured too?

Did I miss something? are you injured too?
Nick and I are bfr twins. If one of us gets injured, the other can't be far behind. If one of us decides to run shorter faster, the other one does too. If one of us decides to run every day, the other one gets the same idea. It's uncanny.

Good news: knee just feels a little stiff now, eight hours after waking up. That was a close call. I guess I just overextended the still-tender ligament. Will try to run a mile or so after my st workout later.

The streak is dead, long live the streak! It's so liberating to know I don't have to run a mile every day now for the next half century. Thank you, ye barefoote gods, for the ephemeral knee-tweak and the gift of micro runs!

gym workout aaaaaahhhhgain.

funny but this week i was ok without running, but today i kind of miss being outside since it's warm and foggy. Tomorrow we will be bathed in ice, snow and teen temperatures. Misbehaving teens get on my bad side, but if i'm stuck w/ the kids on ANOTHER stinkin snow day we may as well go run in it. I may even have my new MOC3s by then (the pair I have now is waaaay too big so I"m donating them to my husband).

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon