Barefoot running finally has a legit ambassador--Now may be a bit offensive, so be warned!

I know you are all just

I know you are all just trying to mess with me, and that you each privately adore kitty cats, so you can stop now.

One for Abide:

cat-finger.jpg

One for Chaser:

353256344_e7342bdfcd.jpg

One for PR:

129029582780366969.jpg

One

I vote we keep TJ on drugs.

I vote we keep TJ on drugs. Who's with me? :innocent:

Barefoot TJ wrote:Didn't you

Barefoot TJ said:
Didn't you just go to church on Sunday?

Yeah, but I'm not the don't dance, judge everybody sort of Christian. I'm more of the we all sin, try to do your best and do a lot of charity type. I also spent the night at a homeless shelter this week, so hopefully it evens out. It was a friend's re-bachelor party.

I try. A friend's bachelor

I try.

A friend's bachelor party at a homeless shelter. Hmmmm. Sounds like an interesting story there. Dare I ask?

OMG, see what happens if I go

OMG, see what happens if I go away for the day, thanks TJ for the kitty cat, :) Abide's got me in the wrong camp anyhow, LOL, I rescue animals but don't care too much for animal rights, look at it more as people's responsibility to take care of them. Feral cats can be a real problem, I frankly don't have the answer for that one, cats multiply incredibly fast to where you can have hundreds in one neighborhood in a couple of years. They have a catch, fix and release program in our area but they never get them all, it's a vicious cycle.

Animal rights people often end up hurting the welfare of companion animals like cats and dogs by insisting that every life needs to be saved and people can't get their animals into a shelter even for legitimate reasons because "no-kill" shelters are always full. But I better stop or it will be a very long post...and I'll probably get some people really mad.

It's really heartbreaking,

It's really heartbreaking, but you said it best. We humans get in the way of a good thing over and over again. These animals are our gifts, gifts from God. We are either killing off their species (tigers, pandas, whales, etc.) or allowing our pets to rome the streets to overpopulate (causing diseases and, in the end, more unnecessary deaths). Our heads are all F'd up when it comes to being humane to animals. Entrusted with superior thinking and ability, we are supposed to be the caretakers of this world. These animals are not to blame for their overpopulations or extinction. We are!

Barefoot TJ wrote:I try. A

Barefoot TJ said:
I try.

A friend's bachelor party at a homeless shelter. Hmmmm. Sounds like an interesting story there. Dare I ask?

Wow. I phrased that badly. Well, I phrased a couple things bad. I'll just focus on this one though. The party and the night at the shelter were separate nights, lol. Tuesday night, I was the overnight person for IHN- Interfaith Hospitality Network. Not really a homeless shelter. It is for homeless families who are in a 1 year program that helps them get jobs and back on their feet. They get clothes, skills training, interviews, transportation, and help being set up in a place to live for a couple months. We work with mosques and places of worship of all faiths and are not allowed to preach to them. I also work at the actual homeless shelter, but that is separate as well.

The strip club was a separate night. Hopefully it all washes out in the balance - or at least if I die and that's that, I did more harm than good... Sorry to go so into religion, but I thought I'd answer in full.

That is, of course, unless it

That is, of course, unless it was a gay strip club with dudes.

If that's the case, I hope you tipped Chaser and Talon as they need charity as well!

NotSoDoomedRunner

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
Barefoot TJ said:

Yeah, but I'm not the don't dance, judge everybody sort of Christian. I'm more of the we all sin, try to do your best and do a lot of charity type. I also spent the night at a homeless shelter this week, so hopefully it evens out. It was a friend's re-bachelor party.

Doing one good deed to substitute a bad one is the problem with christians today. There are no short cuts. You know where there are more sinners than a strip club? Packed churches on Sunday. A close friend of mine had a bachelors party at strip club like 4 years ago, for months I was agonizing on what to do, I decided to go, I was so dissappointed on my decision. Live and learn I guess.

"Take up thy cross and follow me" To me this statement scares me, because it's about dying to self, to the material world, and surrendering.

Barefoot Gentile

Barefoot Gentile said:
NotSoDoomedRunner said:
Barefoot TJ said:

Doing one good deed to substitute a bad one is the problem with christians today. There are no short cuts. You know where there are more sinners than a strip club? Packed churches on Sunday. A close friend of mine had a bachelors party at strip club like 4 years ago, for months I was agonizing on what to do, I decided to go, I was so dissappointed on my decision. Live and learn I guess.

"Take up thy cross and follow me" To me this statement scares me, because it's about dying to self, to the material world, and surrendering.

I don't try to do a one for one exchange, I was just saying I hope in the end, I do more good than bad. I may tell a dirty joke among adults or go to a strip club from time to time if there is some sort of occasion, but the work I do for the poor and trying to help people out is far more of a presence in my life- and usually don't brag about it, but it is germaine. Many in my own church don't know how much I volunteer.

I think part of that is my philosophy is not that I am looking for a short cut- I am not a Christian just because I want to go to "Heaven." The Hebrew word Jesus used that we translate to Heaven or eternity actually meant the next age- that we were preparing for the next age. I'm a Christian because it makes my life better and is a better way for me. I try to make the lives of others better. A lot of people who call themselves Christian never go to strip clubs or drink or say a bad word, but they also keep all of their money, don't give any time to others, or don't care about making the world a better place. I find that less likely to be what Jesus wants. I'm not perfect, and I acknowledge my mistakes and short comings, try to do better, and move on. In THIS case, the strip club was for a re-bachelor party of a friend who is a Diest (believes in some sort of being, but not necissarily what we call God). He has been in a real funk. I'm the type of guy who RARELY goes out with the guys, so I knew my presence would mean something to him. So in this situation, I have to weigh, am I doing more good by making a judgement on him and not going, or by going and buying him a drink. So I went to the party, then the club, got him a drink and headed home pretty early so I could run 26 miles the next morning at 4. I stand by my decision.

Again, sorry to go so in to religion. I recently had an incident where someone was really offended by my talking about my religion and beliefs on my own facebook, so I pretty much dropped it back down to people I know in real life. I try not to go on about this stuff. I know TJ was joking when she asked if I went to church the day after the club, and you are meaning to educate me in your beliefs so I am just responding to that. But if anyone is seriously trying to say that because I have sinned or because I went to the club with a friend who needed me that I am not a Christian, then we simply have different belief systems on what a Christian is.

Now, if you believe differently, that is great. I think we all have to find out way, and the best way for us. I'm reading Love wins by Rob Bell right now, and if you want a much more articulate way of understanding how I feel on a lot of things, I think that is it.

And this is not a way for me to get out of doing wrong. I actually only came to being religous in about 2008. I recently re-looked at some aspects of my life and saw I had fallen way off of the way for a bit, and am working to come back in some different aspects. I'm still not 100% sure how I'll answer for some things I've done in the end, especially regarding war. I'm very conflicted on that.

Oh and Bubba- other than the beer for me and whiskey for my friend I did not support anyone's college fund, lol. I actually spent most of my time watching the Patriots Broncos game.

palouserider wrote:OMG, see

palouserider said:
OMG, see what happens if I go away for the day, thanks TJ for the kitty cat, :) Abide's got me in the wrong camp anyhow, LOL, I rescue animals but don't care too much for animal rights, look at it more as people's responsibility to take care of them. Feral cats can be a real problem, I frankly don't have the answer for that one, cats multiply incredibly fast to where you can have hundreds in one neighborhood in a couple of years. They have a catch, fix and release program in our area but they never get them all, it's a vicious cycle.

Your telling me, the neighbors... I mean feral cat insists on laying her litters underneath my barbecue area and then my dogs get a nice tasty treat the next day. I guess my dogs are doing there part.

The only problem is my dog is 130lbs and ends up getting stuck under there and eventually he emerges but with some cuts. That and the piss in my truck.

Man, this thread got

Man, this thread got hijacked. It started out so nicely with a ditzy blonde with boobs, to PETA, to killing and grilling, to ridding the planet of vermin, to Christ.

Christ.

Can we get back on the topic?

A. Yes she's a ditz with big t!ts and a dumba$$ "body guard" but, hey, she's running barefoot in the end. Enough said.

B. Abide you can rid the cats with a "haveaheart" trap that doesn't kill the critters, or, you can go for the fly bait and coke (not that I endorse such a thing :wink:)

C. TJ, you're a great gal who is obviously on drugs. Cats are vile in the house and great in a barn ridding mice and rats. Barn cats are cool. House cats dumping in a box then jumping on your kitchen counter are nasty.

D. American Folk Dancing establishments have their time and place. (not that I endorse such a thing :wink:)

E. Do unto others. Again, enough said.

Can we steer this thread back onto the dumb blonde running barefoot?

Please?

I've known about it for

I've known about it for decades and, I think, I remember being told by my father in law. It works wonders on raccoons and they normally don't stray far from the dish.

But...

Never let anything you want to keep near it or you won't be keeping it long. It's an attractant much like anti-freeze and house pets love the stuff.

Not sure if pigeons would go for it.

Let us know!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7