Winter Challenge - 2013

Discussion in 'Barefoot & Minimalist Running' started by Barefoot YOW, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Barefoot YOW Barefooters
    1. Canada

Message Count:

dharmadan, swoggis, bfsailor and 2 others like this.
  2. happysongbird Chapter Presidents
    1. Idaho
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    I must confess to being confused. Do I need to sign up with that site and upload the image somewhere? I have tried adding it as a media url and embedding, but neither is working. I apologize for being a problem child...

3. Barefoot YOW Barefooters
    1. Canada

Message Count:

dharmadan likes this.
  4. Barefoot YOW Barefooters
    1. Canada

Message Count:
    This is the same method used to add a photo on BRS. Ping me if you still need help.

5. happysongbird Chapter Presidents
    1. Idaho
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    I did it! Thanks. :)

dharmadan likes this.
  6. I-Did-It (Steve) Barefooters

Message Count:
    True dat!

Nice pics :)

Bare Lee likes this.
  7. paulbeales Administrator
    1. Presidents
    2. International
    3. United Kingdom

Message Count:
    Hi Yow,

Will you be doing this again for 2014?

Should I hold off doing a Toes on Roads Competition for October and we do this instead over the Winter months?

The next Toes on Roads was going to be an 'every-man-or-woman-for-themselves' stampede anyway, so it would basically be the same format as the Winter Challenge, but without the barefoot and temperature rules?

Let me know your plans.

Cheers,

Paul

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  8. Barefoot YOW Barefooters
    1. Canada

Message Count:

Yes Paul, I was going to setup another Winter Challenge. It would start Oct 1st. We can work out the details. I do like keeping it limited to barefoot and temperature restrictions ... but open to suggestions

Barefoot TJ, Bare Lee and paulbeales like this.
  9. paulbeales Administrator
    1. Presidents
    2. International
    3. United Kingdom

Message Count:
    OK. I will hold the Toes on Roads Stampede over until May next year. I don't think you should change your rules. You didn't intend this challenge to be a competition between people did you? It is more an individual challenge thing to push people's own limits right? And to see how many Winter miles we do collectively? Let me know if I can help you with anything. I will announce at the end of this month that there will be no Toes on Roads from Oct to Apr in favour of the Winter Challenge. Thanks Yow

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  10. Josh16 Barefooters
    1. Canada

Message Count:
    We already have subfreezing temperatures here during the night! So if it keeps it up, we'll definitely have the temperatures needed in October for the winter challenge :p It's pretty cold and wet for my feet when leaving home for work! (I carry my shoes to the car, drive barefoot and THEN put them on) It's been raining a lot lately.... For me, barefoot running season is almost over :(

Bare Lee likes this.
  11. dutchie53 Barefooters
    1. Canada
    2. Nederland -...

Message Count:
    Winter challenge conditions this morning again out this way, to be followed by summer tomorrow. Temperatures here are fluctuating like a yoyo here in Winterpeg.
    Bare Lee likes this.
  12. paulbeales Administrator
    1. Presidents
    2. International
    3. United Kingdom

Message Count:
    I've just been looking for the average temperature with wind chill in the UK.

I can't seem to find any records of what it has been historically (just minimum and maximum air temperature.) It is referred to on the meteorological sites as the 'feels like' temperature.

Anyway, I am sure there will be many days in the UK when that is less than 5.1 degrees C :)