What else do you do besides running?

No problem, Lee. No harm.

See, her does have purty feet, ain't she?

Reactions: Bare Lee
I thought of that too, Silly, but I was hoping for her.

I'm not a sporty person. Never have been, I have the body type that lends itself to sports, but I just am not competitive.
So I do a lot of solo sports.
- Running
- Snowboarding
- Swimming
- Yoga
Other hobbies
- Gardening
- Reading
- Natural remedies
- Spinning (not on a bike, but with an old school spinning wheel, I spin wool and sell the balls) :D

Peace

Spinning (not on a bike, but with an old school spinning wheel, I spin wool and sell the balls)

Very cool, Niffer.

Generalized mockery of others. Beer drinking. Mountain biking. Camping (car camping with the family. it keeps the aforementioned beer nearer and colder).

I do some road biking and mountain biking, lots of canoe and kayaking, cross country and downhill skiing, hiking and backpacking. Hopefully I'll get back into working out a little after I get my aerobic base built up some more.

But I am always active around the house, whether its working in the garden, hauling landscape stones around, digging trenches, hauling firewood, etc. Actually I have lost more weight doing logging and bringing firewood home from the farm than running or any other sport. Through the spring I usually go up every other weekend or ever three, spend atleast one solid day from sun up to sun down with the chainsaw and tractor loading up my truck and trailer with rounds. Then in the 2-3 weeks between trips to the farm I'll work on splitting it all (by hand with an axe) and stacking. Its a ton of work and folks often wonder why I do it, but I honestly love being in the woods and putting the work into it, and I know I can keep my family warm and even be able to cook without spending a dime during the winter and even if the power is out. Its like a challenge, makes life more interesting :D and its a heck of a workout. I dont tell my wife I actually enjoy it though ;).

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. I haven't had surgery yet I am meeting with the podiatrist tommorrow to set a surgery date.

@Board, I had this pea size bump way before I started BFR and it never bother me before but within last month it started to grow and grow and it has become very painful and is messing up with my foot nerves now. So it has to go. Thanks for diging up the pictures, you have good memory.

@JT, Silly, Talon- thanks guys.

@TJ like Silly says, I had X-Rays and it has being confirmed that it indeed is bone. I am not sure if the rower will bother your carpal tunnel I once thought I had carpal tunnel but it came to be pinching of the nerves on the neck, I do have arthritis on my hands too but the rower doesn't bother me---Thank GOD!

For all my adult life Dr. Kevorkian had lived just 10 minutes away from me.
Why did he have to check out?

Longboard, do you live near Glen Lake then??

Cass Lake now. But when he lived in Royal Oak I was in Oak Park and Southfield, and when Fieger was letting him live in one of his houses on Orchard Lake I was here on Cass.
I remember when Fieger used to take him to parties with him like a novelty companion, and Dr. K would bring a small black box that was supposed to have his early three bottle device in it but he would guard it and never open it the entire evening.
Geoffry was just on the radio last week being interviewed about a party he was at...he paid $40,000 to have dinner with Obama at the Illitch's, and got to sit next to Willie Horton.

Reactions: Bare Lee
My first love is freediving. I've been doing it since I was 5 (a very long time ago)
then cycling, and now running again.
I had given up on running about 30 years ago because of knee and later, back, pain. Since January, when I was loaned a copy of Born to Run, I'm back to it. Minimalist shoes and am up to about 2 miles. (Anchorage is a lousy place to try running barefoot. Winter's too long, and there's way too much stuff on the streets when the snow finally does go away and my feet are a delicate shade of pink.)
I cycle to work year round, about 4 mi each way. 14 minutes in summer, 35 minutes in winter.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7