Unshoes (Huaraches)

I think if I had to do it

I think if I had to do it over I would have bought the Unshoe with a 4mm sole, removed the reinforcements on the sole and laminated another 4mm Cherry sole to it. It would be more stiff, but wear concerns would be eliminated. Think of a minimalist Teva! Of course I would not have thought of this unless I had seen it first.

@Barefoot TJThings are back

@Barefoot TJ

Things are back to the normal pace so the sandals are not on backorder. Normal time for construction is a week plus shipping time. I just use regular ground shipping unless a faster method is requested.

@David

One of the first problems I had with the early models was that the strap was pulling through. It mostly happend in rushing water and steep downhill hikes. I now double the webbing over and melt it. So far that has solved the problem. I've gotten it where it is less noticable, but you still might feel it with the 4mm sole. I also have a better adhesive which helps quite a bit.

I sure appreciate the feedback from all of you here!

I ran 6mi last Sunday in mine

I ran 6mi last Sunday in mine over varied terrain again and they were again great. My only problem was into the run I felt the strap was a little tight over my left 2nd toe, but I did not stop for another couple of miles to loosen it a bit and it had worn a small raw spot. I'm consulting with my legal team to see if I can sue! ;-)

David

OscarMike,  The question I

OscarMike,

The question I have is how "snug" does this huarache fit? I bought the invisible shoe and I kept struggling with it not feeling snug hence I had a hard time relaxing my foot. The 4mm sole seemed flimsy which contributed to my sense of needing to "grab" it with my foot. Hard to explain but I am curious if this tying/lacing method provide a more "secure/snug" feel allowing me to relax my foot?

I also assume the 6mm sole would be a little stiffer which may help as well.

Any thoughts?

thanks

Its funny you say that

It’s funny you say that cause that’s really why I got rid of my invisible shoes. No matter how I tied them they never felt “right” they either felt like they were hanging off my feet or they were cutting into my toes/feet too much and it was really messing up my form. With the Unshoes the first time I put them on I pulled the lacing through the cinch buckle way too tight. But that’s the great part about them you can pull the lacing relatively tight and they feel secure without being uncomfortable. This is what I said in my review of them:

“I think the best part of the Unshoes is that they come pre-laced. I owned another pair of huaraches that required tying and could never get them right and they never felt secure on my feet. With the Unshoes I can just pull the lace as tight as needed and they stay on my feet really well.”

I was thinking that the 6mm may have been a good choice as well. Possibly down the road I may order another pair and get them in 6mm but right now I am very happy with the Unshoes with a 4mm sole and in my experience they feel much more snug/secure.

I've run about 20mi in mine

I've run about 20mi in mine and only on really inclined side-side trails I have had a problem with them being loose in the heel. I have a 4mm pair on their way to me which I asked Terrel to bring in the heel straps about a 1/2 on each side. I think this will provide a more snug fit around the heel without having to tighten them too much to be uncomfortable at the toe. I'll report on the new shoes next week.

-David

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts