Unexpected run.

Barefoot Gentile

Barefooters
Apr 5, 2010
Fairfield, CT
I ran for the first time today since 7 days and achieved a personal best with speed barefoot. I only had about 5 hours of sleep, and I think it was adrenaline from the birth of my son.

I was out the door at 8:30am, I checked the weather and it was 88 degrees, already. I was psyched because I love running in the heat, short distances of course. So the plan was a 5 miler.

My first two miles I nailed a 7:30 pace, then totally crashed for the next 3. I don't have a garmin just a timex ironman watch and know my mile markers for certain routes like the back of my hand, so I gadge it like that. But my overall pace for the 5 miler was a 8:10 pace.

An old timer once told me if you can run a 8:00 minute mile pace for an hour you can call yourself a runner, and not a jogger. lol!

Well I guess I'll always be a

Well I guess I'll always be a jogger, and I'm good with that...at least I am putting one foot in front of the other. ;-)

Joggers land on their heels

Joggers land on their heels as per definition in the book Jogging.

One time a coworker asked me

One time a coworker asked me if I was "really running" or just jogging. I had done my long run the day before and so I said, "well, I'm slow but I don't think anyone 'jogs' for 14 miles".

You just tell them you're

You just tell them you're skipping.

"the difference between a

"the difference between a runner and a jogger is an entry form" - Running guru Dr. George Sheehan

so I guess if you didbn't enter a race you were jogging :~

Don't call me a jogger. I

Don't call me a jogger. I hate that term. I am also slow, bumping my head on 10 min miles and have never entered a race. Some of us are just slow.

Call me a jogger to my face and I will throw my shoes at you!

I don't care if I am really

I don't care if I am really jogging, like if I am doing my 13mm pace as an easy run or recovery run. But call my 10-12mm gutbusting race pace jogging and I'll break your face. If there is a danger I will puke on your shoes, it's not jogging.

Nyal wrote:Don't call me a

Nyal said:
Don't call me a jogger. I hate that term. I am also slow, bumping my head on 10 min miles and have never entered a race. Some of us are just slow. Call me a jogger to my face and I will throw my shoes at you!

I think the threat of throwing your shoes at someone on a barefoot forum seems hollow.

We knew the message wasn't

We knew the message wasn't coming from you, Adam. I never took offense from you...or him. I am what I am...a turtle. I'll bet there's a bunch of stuff I'm good at that he isn't (or was in my hay-day), like gymnastics, but I'm not going to call him a "tumbler." Hee.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7