Trail 15K Fun!

JosephTree

Barefooters
Sep 7, 2010
Near Valley Forge, PA
I ran the "Dirty Bird" 15K this morning and had a fine time. It was a classic day, 50F and sunny to start and trending to warmer. The course was hilly, rocky and leaf covered, and required absolute concentration. I loved it. I didn't see any wipeouts, but that may have been because I was concentrating so effectively. I did see a couple lycra covered ladies that threatened my perfect concentration, but passed them quickly to save my ankles. The course had been billed as water crossing free, but recent torrential rains fixed that. I loved powering through the mucky stretches in my Bikilas while the shod ones squelched and sploshed along.

I completed the run in 1:40:00 without blood, except for a scratch on the top of my head from a twig. No biggie. That was a 10 minute improvement over my only other 15K trail race, so I was pretty pleased with the whole thing.

What fun!

Also, there were a lot of Minimalist shoes an the ground there. I recognised about a dozen Min runners out of 400 or so. No BF, though. I met one woman who witnessed NakedSoleNate's memorable BF trail run from last year. Ugh!

Nice, and a 10 min PR!!What

Nice, and a 10 min PR!!

What no pics!!!

Sounds like a fun run, JT. 

Sounds like a fun run, JT. 1:40 is a good time for trail stuff like that.

Yes, TJ, I did have a good

Yes, TJ, I did have a good time!

I was reading through the results list and noticed that one lady finished this reasonably tough run in just over 2 hours...at 73 years old! That's what I want to be doing should I be so fortunate as to live that long. Heck yeah!

Me too.  It makes my

Me too. It makes my 76-year-old mom jealous when I tell her about all the older folks who can do what some of us can't.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldManHemingway