The BRS Rocky Raccoon Thread.

I bought a tent! Now its time

I bought a tent! Now its time to go pitch one!!! HELLS YEAH!!!

I way off the wagon and have

I way off the wagon and have been on a major bender.... Red velvet cake, double stuff double chocolate oreos, homemade chocolate chip cookies and that was just breakfast!

Lol, I'm sure that before

Lol, I'm sure that before everything is said and done I will be bleeding if thats what you mean...

Dave, I'll have cash for you at the race. I didn't even think about it while I was in Austin, my bad!

Sounds good. I got a real

Sounds good. I got a real lightweight rain jacket from a guy at work who got it for the Austin Marathon a couple years ago. Super thin, so it should be awesome if it does rain. Are you guys bringing any sort of cooking supplies?

Oh. My plan is 1 mile a day

Oh. My plan is 1 mile a day this week... but if the knee does not feel 100% by Monday, I won't run until Saturday. I did a 5 mile trail run today and it bothered me just a tad. I think I just need to roll and rest a ton this week.

NotSoDoomedRunner

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
Sounds good. I got a real lightweight rain jacket from a guy at work who got it for the Austin Marathon a couple years ago. Super thin, so it should be awesome if it does rain. Are you guys bringing any sort of cooking supplies?
I'm not bringing anything other than a coffee pot. I'll bring all my food packaged and ready to eat but I'm only staying one night and we are going to dinner that night.

Pictures and report!  Don't

Pictures and report! Don't forget!

Weather looks promising!!!

Weather looks promising!!! 35~65 and partly cloudy!

I'm not sure about food yet. Are we still all going to dinner Friday night? Just need to worry about what to eat for brekky Saturday morning. Pretty sure I'll be eating from a tube thats been surgically inserted into my stomach Saturday night....

On a more positive note, we set up our tent this weekend in the back yard and slept in it over night and it did great!

I'm really looking forward to the race. I probablly won't get very many miles, if any at all, in this week due to working 10's, but id rather go in fresh than any chance of tired legs...

Is anyone carrying a camera with them? I was going to, but I can't find my Spi belt to hold it while I run.

I think its still Dave

I think its still Dave (NSDR), Robert (Bubba), and Chaser (Chaser) aka myself. Im not sure about Jason, he messed his knee up a week or two ago, so he might be out.

Then theres this Jarod guy. He wrote a blog post about running a 100 with no "training" and mentioned Rocky Racoon, but hes never posted here. His blog post is at the bottom with all the recent blog posts under "I think I can... Run a 100 mike race with no training"...

I think its still Dave

I think its still Dave (NSDR), Robert (Bubba), and Chaser (Chaser) aka myself. Im not sure about Jason, he messed his knee up a week or two ago, so he might be out. Then theres this Jarod guy. He wrote a blog post about running a 100 with no "training" and mentioned Rocky Racoon, but hes never posted here. His blog post is at the bottom with all the recent blog posts under "I think I can... Run a 100 mike race with no training"...

Jason is out. He said he will

Jason is out. He said he will be back in the area in April so we need to talk him into Hells Hills.

Friday dinner is on as far as I'm concerned. Since it is the 3 of us + Jim, and I'm not sure if he will make it in time for dinner yet... we can play it by ear as far as where to go. I'm great with Cheddar's but its 50 minutes away so we might want to stay closer. I don't care though.

If someone was bringing a camping stove I was gonna do Oatmeal the morning of. I will stick with Stinger Waffles now. I love those things!

I have done those and a red bull before I start and then fueled along the way on my long runs.

Chase, you get Friday off? I am gonna get there pretty early. I am going to see if I can check in and set the tent up and then head to town for stuff instead of the other way. Apparently you get to pick your site when you get there, so it will pay off to be early. I talked to a person at work that camps all the parks all the time...

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldManHemingway