Something shifted,,,

JosephTree

Barefooters
Sep 7, 2010
Near Valley Forge, PA
I went out for a nice easy 5 miler in the afternoon's heat today and would have been happy to just get out and back at my easy pace of 9 or 10 m/m. When I hit the turn at 4 miles, though, I checked with the various systems, and they all said "GO!" Everything just felt so loose and fluid and I just went with it. Even my feet seemed to find a new level of relaxation and I nearly stopped thinking about anything but how fine it felt to just run. I would have been perfectly content with a quarter or half mile of it, but all systems just said to keep on. So my pace for the first 4 miles was 9:15's or so and the last mile was about 7:10. Go figure.

I think maybe my bod was psyched because I'd promised to dump it in the Schuylkill River after running, which I did, but who can say?

Good running everybody!

Very inspiring!  I'm just

Very inspiring! I'm just looking forward to the day when a 9-10mile/min pace for 5miles straight is an "easy run"! ;o) How was the water??

-Jonny

I could only dunk for about 2

I could only dunk for about 2 minutes and it felt WONDERFUL! The river there isn't the most scenic, but served just fine. Last summer I was able to jump into the Delaware at the point where the tides stop, Scudders Falls. Much bigger water and fresher as it went through some rapids. That was peak at 06:30.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts