Relaxation and bending knees

I think in addition to the influence of memes online, you also have a lot of people piling on right now with dubious running/coaching qualifications, trying to brand themselves as barefoot gurus, bloggers, or authors, a process in which certain shibboleths or rules may help with the branding. A pet peeve perhaps, but I think real harm can be done with these misunderstandings and half-baked theories. I know it took me a while to sort through the cummulative bs (oh no, am I pushing off?!?). It really does all seem to come down to letting your soles decide via proprioception, while remaining mindful of good posture, and then after a while if you like, go intellectualize the process and tweak things through experimentation.
Anyway, sorry to get caught up in this again.

Amen, brother.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Nice turn of phrase though!
But yah, nice even numbers, set something2something plans, exacting training protocols, may have some use as idealized notions, but must be understood as such, as Pilot and Jay pointed out. Even more qualitative notions like forefoot landing and bending your knees, stated as absolutes, can be pretty pernicious if misapplied.
This is why I follow a strict 11.434% rule on my couch2refrigerator program, and consume beer at the optimal 4 bph (beers per hour, for those not up on your cadence mantras). Pose drinking never caught on for me, though. I just couldn't maintain the forward lean whilst perched, inverted, atop a keg.

This is why I follow a strict 11.434% rule on my couch2refrigerator program, and consume beer at the optimal 4 bph (beers per hour, for those not up on your cadence mantras). Pose drinking never caught on for me, though. I just couldn't maintain the forward lean whilst perched, inverted, atop a keg.
Hahahaha! Drinking already I see Tim. :D

Vantucky, to be exact. And sadly, not drinking. Yet. 'Tis my anniversary, so all drinking is saved for dinner tonight (at a local Southern cooking place. Big plate of fried chicken? Yes, please!).

Unfortunately (for you lot) this is just how I am ordinarily...

The forward lean is really more important with Pose wine drinking. With Pose beer drinking, especially kegs, it's 'the pull' that's key. BTW, do you find your 4 bph cadence lessens injury, or just pain?

Reactions: NickW
The forward lean is really more important with Pose wine drinking. With Pose beer drinking, especially kegs, it's 'the pull' that's key. BTW, do you find your 4 bph cadence lessens injury, or just pain?

both. It is the new standard. All true ale to mouth beer drinkers will be extolling the virtues of the 4 bph drinking cadence in the blogosphere any day now. Then it will be accepted as a universal law.

both. It is the new standard. All true ale to mouth beer drinkers will be extolling the virtues of the 4 bph drinking cadence in the blogosphere any day now. Then it will be accepted as a universal law.
I've been using the traditional 2bph drinking cadence, because I have a longish drinking volume (pint versus 12 oz). Do you think a 3bph cadential compromise is in order to achieve peak drinking efficiency with the smaller volume of (post)modern craft bibation? Although I've been an ale-to-mouth drinker for quite sometime, I'm just starting to look into the science of 'natural drinking,' having just read "Born to Drink"(the trend has become so popular now, they even have shirts:

Born-to-drink.png
). Do you know of any videos I can look at for tips, or is that Zetti's department?

Reactions: NickW and Zetti
You must also be careful not to hit the wall after several hours of ale-to-mouth....I hear that while a higher bph is more efficient but also increases your likelihood
Exhibit A:

I see this thread getting moved to the pub in the very near future :D:rolleyes:

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7