price of minimalist footwear rising fast

C.Beth - My VFFs give me a

C.Beth - My VFFs give me a blister on the inside of my right midfoot if I run more than say 6 miles. I've thought about putting a little tape or moleskin, but I always forget and head out down the road. Fortunately, I prefer to run straight barefoot instead of in my VFFs most of the time. Trying to get some time in my invisible shoe huaraches, but I'm still playing with the lacing.

As for other minimalist shoes, I can see myself eventually breaking down to get a pair of Merrel Trail Gloves. Although I want to do more miles on trails in huaraches and bare to see how much I really need the Trail Glove.

DNEchris wrote: They weren't

DNEchris said:
They weren't making running shoes before so it's the guys that were that are losing out!

Merrell (at least trail ones) and New Balance sure did. But the same principle applies to the other ones. They have to spend alot of money on research, shipping, distribution, publicizing ect..... that isn't a part of the actual shoe. If you are buying a new pair every other month that cost is distributed across the shoes you buy, but if you only buy one then they need to have a higher profit margin to make back the same amount of money.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts