Please add your location to the Member Map

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
http://thebarefootrunners.org/memberMap/
  1. Then go to your Member Name at the top of the page.
  2. Click on Personal Details.
  3. Scroll down to Primary Chapter and select your main chapter.
  4. Then put a check mark in the Secondary Chapters check box(es) if you belong to anymore chapters.
  5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.

....And to your profile card (such as comes onto the screen when I click on your avatar picture)! I look at where someone's from to gauge my responses sometimes, and feel so sad when there's no clue!
Thanks, JT! Look what I have added to the OP and the Local Chapters thread.
  1. Then go to your Member Name at the top of the page.
  2. Click on Personal Details.
  3. Scroll down to Primary Chapter and select your main chapter.
  4. Then put a check mark in the Secondary Chapters check box(es) if you belong to anymore chapters.
  5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.

I must be missing something. I don't see the words "primary chapter" on my personal details page.
Probably because you have to join chapters first. Go to chapters, select the one of your state or country and click the "Join Chapter" button. It should be in the right IIRC.

I must be missing something. I don't see the words "primary chapter" on my personal details page.
I think KTR is right. Please try that, and if you still aren't showing it, let me know.

Reactions: Random
I'm possibly doing something wrong, but I can't get the Member Map to find my location :(. Even when I reduce it to the minimum and just put "France", I get the message "Sorry, we could not find the location you were looking for. Please redefine your search, and try again".
(I've tried with Firefox under Ubuntu and with Android).

I'm possibly doing something wrong, but I can't get the Member Map to find my location :(. Even when I reduce it to the minimum and just put "France", I get the message "Sorry, we could not find the location you were looking for. Please redefine your search, and try again".
(I've tried with Firefox under Ubuntu and with Android).
Sorry about that. I am getting the same error/problem. I will contact development, and see if they can fix this. I think it has to do with the number of markers that the Google map will allow, and we exceeded that, but I will find out if there has been any updates or fixes for this problem. Stay tuned.

Reactions: Noodles
The developers are telling me we need to update the site from XenForo 1 to 2, so this is not something that can be fixed overnight. But since there is no support for XenForo 1 any longer, as modules are not being created or fixed for version 1, we will have to no doubt upgrade. sigh. I'm just waiting on a quote now.

The developers are telling me we need to update the site from XenForo 1 to 2, so this is not something that can be fixed overnight. But since there is no support for XenForo 1 any longer, as modules are not being created or fixed for version 1, we will have to no doubt upgrade. sigh. I'm just waiting on a quote now.
Any updates on this, TJ?

I'm still waiting for an exact quote, but it's going to cost $2,000 ish US dollars to update the site in order to fix the member map. I'm not so sure it's worth it at this time. Other than the map, the site is not broken. There are no serious problems or flaws. If we can raise the money, then we'll do it though. It's just going to take some time. I'm sensing the developers know this, as we are a not for profit (not a nonprofit), so they haven't placed our interest as a priority, which is fine, really.

I'm assured the site is very stable, so no worries there. Thank you.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090