Looks like Adidas is jumping on the minimalist bandwagon now

Saw an add for these today. Getting to be more and more options out there.

http://www.shopadidas.com/adipure-trainer/_/N-1z1371x?cm_mmc=AdieBrand_Media-_-US-_-FB-_-adiPure

Adidas AND so-called Inov-8. 

Adidas AND so-called Inov-8. But it's more like the toe-shoe fashion trend than the minimalist shoe bandwagon. Why not just make a quick-drying, soft-sole moccasin with room for toes to spread? That's all I'm asking for. How sad that shoe companies won't offer it to me.

I'm not sure everyone has the

I'm not sure everyone has the same tastes Nyah.

Actually, Justin from birthdayshoes reviewed a pair of the adipures and thought they were a pretty well-made product.

http://birthdayshoes.com/adidas-toe-shoes-adipure-trainer-review

I don't think these are another VFF knock-off (well they are, but not like Filas). They are the real deal.

I thought Vibram had the

I thought Vibram had the trademark rights to the five-finger style shoes though, or was I misinformed.

Vibram is in the process of

Vibram is in the process of suing Adidas. I posted the link on here somewhere before...

Ahhh, I knew I saw it before.

Ahhh, I knew I saw it before. Thanks TJ ;-)

I wish people would take that

I wish people would take that as a hint and just make awesome shoes without the toes. Seriously I can't understand the toe thing at all. I'd rather have room to let my toes do what they like than have them stuck in little pockets. I see the urge to buy VFFs because there are so few well made minimal shoes out there and they last forever and have been well vetted by experts. But why keep coming out with them. Is there a purpose to the toe pockets that a wide toe box wouldn't provide. Other than more odd looks?

For me, I can't wear VFF's

For me, I can't wear VFF's because of the toes. I apparently have large toes for my foot size, so I have to go up like 3 or 4 sizes just to fit my toes in properly.... Then my toes are still not allowed to move properly because of the rubber and fabric holding them in position. I had pain while trying to wear vff's in top of my foot, but I never have in other minimalist shoes or barefoot. I attribute this to my toes not being able to move the way they are meant to move. I love how thin and flexible vff's are and from what I hear they last a long time, but that's all I love about them. My Altra Adams are just as flexible yet let my toes do what they need to do inside because of the ample toebox and midfoot.

Enough of my rant, I just wish more companies would come out with something similar to the Adam/Eve or vff's without toes. I would like to have more selections and I think the more competition between the shoe manufacturers would end up benefiting us by getting us a more "perfect" minimalist shoe. It's getting better, but slowly.

The toe pockets always

The toe pockets always bothered me. They're okay for the first 20 minutes or so, but after that, my toes start to hurt. That's me though.

I was JUST thinking about

I was JUST thinking about this on my mid-day run... I can't wear my once-beloved KSOs anymore (nor the Treks I used to wear to the office). Since given the room and freedom to do their own thing, my toes will no longer be confined!

Seriously, the VFFs are just painful now.

VFFs don't work with anyone

VFFs don't work with anyone whose second toe is longer than the first (a.k.a. Morton's toe). adidas is no improvement (for me at least).

This lawsuit will be interesting to watch. I trust that adidas did their legal homework, and they surely have calculated their legal costs, including a loss, into their business strategy for these shoes. (Maybe that's why they're so expensive :).)

I think that more interesting issue here is the fact that a "Major" has now joined the true minshoe market. Most agree that the Nike Free just doesn't count. Aisics, well...

And, really interesting will be the marketing strategy. After all, how do you sell a minshoe (honestly) without dissing every other running shoe you are selling and everything you've been saying for the last 30 years?

This might get interesting....

Cheers

Paleo

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7