Ininji tip...for my short-toed brethren. :-D

C. Beth Run.

Barefooters
Jul 6, 2010
My toes are short and stubby, and I was finding that the toes on my new Ininjis were way too long--leaving a bunch of sock sticking out beyond my toes! So here's what I have found works.

I put my foot in the sock with my toes just barely poking into the toe holes. Then I grab the base of one of the Ininji's toes (with the thumbs and forefingers of both hands) and carefully pull it over my toe. That way it's not stretching out as I put it on. Repeat with every other toe. They fit so much better now!

For all I know, this is totally obvious to everyone else, but it took me a few times to figure it out. :)

And then you shoved them into

And then you shoved them into VFFs? How do you have so much room in your VFFs? That would be too tight for me.

TJ--I did wear them with VFFs

TJ--I did wear them with VFFs today, and they were hard to get on because of the extra fabric at the toe. (Didn't figure out this brilliant ;) tip until afterward.) They felt tight, but I got used to it, and overall they felt good on my run.

But this sore spot on my foot is almost gone so I think I'll be able to run BF soon again! At least on days that are warm enough....

I have some Injinji socks

I have some Injinji socks that I can wear with my size 42 KSO Treks. But my size 42 Bikilas are way too tight to allow for anything other than my foot in there. But when I wear my Treks & socks...feels downright "cushy". ;-)

It probably helps that

It probably helps that because my toes are short, the VFFs allow a little extra room for the socks!

Having been short legged,

Having been short legged, short armed, short fingered, and short toed for as long as I've known myself, I was forced to learn how to hem very early on in life, and to use mittens rather than gloves when ever possible. Never wore toe socks, and have'nt as much as given VFF's a second thought for the same reason.

Are we really that rare that nobody markets to us?

C'mon Injuni and Vibram, "short" sizes just might increase your market share significantly!

Board, I was surprised that

Board, I was surprised that the VFFs felt good even though my toes are a smidge short in them. You're far more of a barefoot purist than I am, but if you are ever interested in them, at least try them on. They may fit better than you think.

Since I would only ever want

Since I would only ever want them for Michigan winters and am Reynaud's afflicted as well, a "mitten" shoe (like my Feelmax Panka) is a much better choice. I know they won't last long, but they are even more minimal.

The price we pay for minimalism!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7