I'M SICK!!!!

As for sinus infections, I suggest sinus rinse, but I've never tried the above Apple Cider Vinegar version (ouch!). NeilMed is the brand I have, and it is a sinus RINSE not the netti pot. I like it better because you can control the flow, and also it comes with a buffer that makes it not burn and sting. I've used it multiple times in a row, a couple times a day, for a bad sinus infection because I just keep getting nasty green crap out. I've avoided antibiotics for multiple sinus infections over the years I've been using it. That and lots of water, and of course, good healthy food. :D Hope you feel better soon.

I used the NeilMed version as well (normally, sans Apple Cider Vinegar) to much better effect than my experience, above. Also, what I did not add was that using the 1/2 tsp of ACV did not nearly have the nose-melting effect... :)

TJ, I got another one from my German mother-in law. This is completely serious. She grew up during the war and had few meds and no booze. Their diet was mostly soup. What their mother would do with cold is a menthol chest rub before bed and then they would sleep with their underwear around their necks. I had to ask. "A clean or dirty pair?" She replied "Vell dirty of course. Ve only had one pair each." Now this is a healthy 78 year old woman that has more energy than me, so you never know.

Reactions: Bare Lee and NickW
Thanks, all! I'm getting worse with each passing day! WTF is that all about? This thing has got to peak at some point. I can hardly even talk now! I tried some Vicks the other night. I just put some on my upper lip and avoid the chest rub. My mom (77) used to rub it on our chests when we were kids. Not sure what the undies around the neck is supposed to do. o_O

hot/cold showers - it works, but, no, I don't expect you to actually do it, TJ, lol.

Antibiotics are BS for colds, should be illegal, and any "doctor" caught prescribing them for cold symptoms should face very stiff penalties and even jail time. Not kidding.

For sinus problems, this is what a German doctor would prescribe for you. 100% natural, effective, and available on prescription here. As one revieewer says, take it on an empty stomach, and allow a good half our for it to work before eating:

Gelomyrtol

Whatever you do, don't put shoes on your runny nose; you'll just get hurt.

Whisky and water helps me when I get a cold/sinus infection. Whisky takes the edge off and water keeps you hydrated.

I hope you feel better soon!

When I was a kid, my mom's trusted doc was some fella who'd been through WWII. Whenever I had a cold/sinus issue (often, since I had allergies/dad who smoked in the house/eventually asthma), warm whiskey with a bit of honey was what my mom forced me to drink before bed, on his recommendation.
I hated it then, but now, well, if you got the right single malt..............................

When I was a kid, my mom's trusted doc was some fella who'd been through WWII. Whenever I had a cold/sinus issue (often, since I had allergies/dad who smoked in the house/eventually asthma), warm whiskey with a bit of honey was what my mom forced me to drink before bed, on his recommendation.
I hated it then, but now, well, if you got the right single malt..............................

When I was sick as a child, dad would give me a little nip of Jack Daniels. When I asked "Will this make me better", he'd say "No, you'll still be sick, but you won't care".

On a semi-related note, I have noticed that I get more colds now that I've stopped drinking. Now, this could also be attributed to the fact that the past 1.5 years saw me in to my 40's and I was going to get sick anyway, but still...

Thanks, all! I'm getting worse with each passing day! WTF is that all about? This thing has got to peak at some point. I can hardly even talk now! I tried some Vicks the other night. I just put some on my upper lip and avoid the chest rub. My mom (77) used to rub it on our chests when we were kids. Not sure what the undies around the neck is supposed to do. o_O
You should peak soon TJ. I think the undies would be more of a preventive measure. When she had to share a bed with 3 other siblings, it would be a good way to keep their faces away from each other. I think the idea was more warmth around the neck, who knows? They never explain the reasoning for the remedy.

When I was sick as a child, dad would give me a little nip of Jack Daniels. When I asked "Will this make me better", he'd say "No, you'll still be sick, but you won't care".

Yeah, and I have a feeling parents liked the fact that the shot would help the kids pass out a little better, thereby leaving the parents a moments rest

Reactions: NickW
My husband says "If you take meds for a cold, you'll get over it in 14 days. If you don't take meds, it'll take 2 weeks." There just not much you can do to get over a cold more quickly, except for drinking water like a fish and sleeping as much as you can. Beware medicating for the sniffles, sometimes that can cause a sort of rebound effect that leaves you snottier.

I think I've peaked...finally! If so, I have one more week of this. Yuck!

I still don't get the undies thing. I can see how it would keep others away though. Especially if they were used. Ha!

Hope you all are well.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7