I Don't Want to Ask the Docs

Seems strange the great and

Seems strange the great and might Board could suffer from TMTS! It just ain't right! Say it ain't so! Anywho, you're okay now, and lesson learned.

TJ, I would'nt classify my

TJ, I would'nt classify my injury as in the TMTS catagory. It was the same speed and distance I was used to, as was the walking and cycling. I'm sure if I had stretched even just that one left calf for even 15 seconds before walking I would have been fine.

I've torn each calf longboarding in the past, the first one when I was'nt stretching at all, and pushed really hard up hill well into a session, the second when I thoroughly stretched in the a.m. but tried to skate uphill fast over a bridge in the first seconds of skating in the p.m. I learned those lessons, but it will take time for the need to re-stretch before walking to sink in.

I HOPE it sinks in! Today I rode the tandem after work really hard with Diane and our two sons each rode singles, we held a comfortable lead the whole trip (dinner out, my 58'th yesterday but nobody was in town!)

After returning home, we went for a neighborhood walk, and I TOTALLY forgot to re-stretch! It'll take time, but maybe I'll learn the lesson before another real reminder brings the point home again.

Then stretch, man, stretch!

Then stretch, man, stretch!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon