How do you carry your footwear (other than your feet) ;)

miker

Chapter Presidents
Jul 26, 2010
I read about people putting on their footwear partway through a run. I am curious how you carry them until you need them? I only wear a small waist belt, mainly for car keys & a gel or two. I bought one of the belts with two small water bottles on either end of the pouch, but I don't use it much. I know hydration is important, but unless I'm running for over an hour, I never take water w/me.

Anyway, I was just curious how you attach them, how you keep them from flapping around, etc.

TIA

My wife carries my shoes,

My wife carries my shoes, gels and water.

I have a waistpack that is

I have a waistpack that is similar to yours mike. I stuff my shoes in the waistband of the pack. That works fine if you have VFFs or huaraches. They fit in there great and don't take up much space.

Another thing I do is if I think I will need shoes partway through a run, I will take a route that loops back by my house so I can grab them.

Otherwise, I've seen people carry their shoes in their hands. Same concept as handheld water bottles.

When I was carrying shoes, I

When I was carrying shoes, I would carry them in my hands, then I started strapping the Velcro straps of the VFFs around the belt I was wearing whether it be a hydration pack or one of those expandable waist packs.

SP & TJ, thanks for the

SP & TJ, thanks for the tips...once you say it, I feel like a schmuck for not having figured it out. Not that I couldn't (jury is still out on this one), but why would I want to leave this fountain of knowledge (known as the BRS) untapped? ;)

I think ram has the best gig, but my wife and kids don't come out to my races much anymore. :-

i've either put my huaraches

i've either put my huaraches in my pockets, or hand. my biks i strap just below my wrist. fold the heel under and strap to the back of my hand, kinda like gloves. just obviously don't put it too tight on your wrist. works pretty good for me.

Mike

I only worry about carrying

I only worry about carrying "shoes" when I'm doing a long run of 8 miles or more, and in that case, I wear a CamelBak that I can shove them down in.

migangelo wrote:i've either

migangelo said:
i've either put my huaraches in my pockets, or hand. my biks i strap just below my wrist. fold the heel under and strap to the back of my hand, kinda like gloves. just obviously don't put it too tight on your wrist. works pretty good for me. Mike

Got a picture of that? I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around what that looks like.

sorry, i don't have a camera.

sorry, i don't have a camera. i had a hard time figuring it out after i read about somebody else doing it.

i'll try to go slow. place your shoe on your opposite hand. the sole will be facing up while the top of the shoe is strapped to your forearm. you have to keep the heel folded and open the strap completely to fit your hand through it.

give it a try and you'll see.

Mike

Thanks!  I think I got a

Thanks! I think I got a better idea now.

I looked at my kso's after

I looked at my kso's after that last post. I don't know how those can be done. they'd be quite a bit more uncomfortable. Which i already find them too tight to wear. I run in my biks and they work well on my feet and arm.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts