Gail's 10k Trail Run - Redding, CT

Barefoot Gentile

Barefooters
Apr 5, 2010
Fairfield, CT
I am running my first ever trail race this Sunday, 11th. Looking forward to it. I am going to be wearing my Komodosport LS's. These trails are not barefoot friendly at all, plus it's supposed to be 30 degrees Sunday morning, and you have to go through water.

Anyways I will give a brief race report how it went.

water crossing is an even

water crossing is an even better reason to go bare. especially since it will be so cold. no cold, wet shoes or socks to weigh you down.

I know, but I am very

I know, but I am very familiar with these trails and some parts are impossible to run bare on, you can walk them though. These Komodosports rule, you don't wear socks with them, they are seamless. I tested them out a few days ago running trails in the pouring rain, and they do not hold water. I am not ruling barefoot out though, it will be a last minute decision.

Have you ran barefoot in wet conditions below freezing? It's not fun, trust me.

Ran the race this morning,

Ran the race this morning, start time 8:00am, temperature 28 degrees, time: 45:03.

I wore my Vibram Komodosport LS. I have ran trails before but not in a race atmosphere, wow was it fun. I had to walk at one point on this intense uphill part, trail running is definitely a different beast than road running, but I actually like both of them.

As far as running this barefoot, totally not barefoot friendly at all. Even if was 80 degrees and summer it could not be run barefoot, Most of it would be a nice barefoot hike/walk.

congrats. trail running is

congrats. trail running is lots of fun and even more so in a race.

i myself will run bare in cold or wet but not wet and cold. that equals numb feet. i run bare for fun, not to be in pain.

I love trail races and I love

I love trail races and I love the squishy parts and splashing through them in my VFF (Bikilas) In a race, especially, the cold doesn't seem to matter so much as on a solo regular weekday run. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

I've found that my trail strategy is much more focused on running the runnable parts and just hoofing up the steep parts with a good attitude and no guilt about not running it all. Getting to the point where I can start to catch many of those folks who passed me trudging up as I fly and dance down is a wonderful thing, too.

I do have huge appreciation for those frontrunner folks that somehow run up slopes that look impossible to me and manage to run them faster than I go along the flat stretches. Oye!

Gent, that sounds like a

Gent, that sounds like a course that should be added to the Course Review section up top. Gotta warn others. ;-)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts