Foot Hygiene

I set up a little wash station outside the garage, with one of those grey restaurant busboy trays filled with cool water from the hose. A gentle soap lathered onto the grooviest scrub brush you ever did see, a gift from my wife:

skeletonbrush_sm.jpg

Now that you all are jealous of this cool tool, I'll leave you all to lament the decrepitude that is your own foot hygiene brush. Green Scotchbrite, indeed :)!
Who are we to deny the cleaning skull guy?
Your wife knows how to motivate you to clean up. Good for her. ;)

Am I the only one who just jumps in the shower? (ThomDavid is excused; that scubbing brush deserves to have cleaning rituals centred around it!) I use a net sponge anyway, if there's any stubborn dirt I just scrub a bit harder.

Right?!
There was one time I ran on little bits of asphalt patch that became embedded into the pads and toes, and that required some attention, but that took me prying them out before getting in the shower. And honestly, if the dirt is more stubborn than I am, then I say it wants it more and let it win. Another sign that I lack a competitive streak.

I normally just use bar soap to clean my feet when I shower. If I have any stubborn grit I use the plastic loufa thingy majig and scrub a bit harder (don't tell my wife, it's hers ;) ).

Am I the only one who just jumps in the shower? (ThomDavid is excused; that scubbing brush deserves to have cleaning rituals centred around it!) I use a net sponge anyway, if there's any stubborn dirt I just scrub a bit harder.
I would except I use the shower in the laundry room, which is one of those plastic kinds, and the foot grime adheres to its floor. So it's either scrub the shower floor after the shower or scrub my feet before. The latter is easier. I suppose I could go up and use the main bathroom, but it's easy to use laundry room one, which is close to all my gym stuff in the garage and I can quick pop the sweaty clothes in the washing machine when I'm done.

I would except I use the shower in the laundry room, which is one of those plastic kinds, and the foot grime adheres to its floor. So it's either scrub the shower floor after the shower or scrub my feet before. The latter is easier. I suppose I could go up and use the main bathroom, but it's easy to use laundry room one, which is close to all my gym stuff in the garage and I can quick pop the sweaty clothes in the washing machine when I'm done.
Your wife has you trained well..... :p

Reactions: Bare Lee
I go straight to the shower and use a stiff floor scrub brush for the bottom of my feet. I also use a nipple bottle brush for between my toes.

Don't have a issue for most runs, only the really good trail runs where I have mud coating my feet and up my legs are the ones where I take special cleaning requirements. Typically the wife pulls the hose out and sprays me down before I am allowed into the house.

Reactions: NickW
I would except I use the shower in the laundry room, which is one of those plastic kinds, and the foot grime adheres to its floor. So it's either scrub the shower floor after the shower or scrub my feet before.

A shower in the laundry room? Wow - that's plush!

I wonder how one of these set up outside would work...just set it up next to the faucet, rinse and scrub
028-car4042401.jpg

Reactions: Bare Lee
I usually run during lunch break at work, and just wipe my feet off with a wet paper towel before (unfortunately) having to put shoes back on. Since I'm BF all the time outside of work, I usually scrub my feet in the tub before bed, and then again during morning shower. I have a dedicated wash cloth for foot cleaning, that I change out once a week. I wet the cloth and wipe dirt off my feet before I let them touch the bottom of the tub, to minimize dirt stains that get in the tub (PITA to clean from the textured fiberglass surface, my wife lets me know it every time :eek: ). Then I scrub with soap on the cloth, dry, and go to bed. Normal washing routing with loofah and body wash during morning shower.

Other than that no special cleaning necessary.

No scrubbing here - I keep a little bottle of dishwashing detergent in the shower and will use that first thing to get the sticky tar type stuff off. That'll take care of most of it, and by the time I'm at the end of my shower I'll finish off with regular soap.

I set up a little wash station outside the garage, with one of those grey restaurant busboy trays filled with cool water from the hose. A gentle soap lathered onto the grooviest scrub brush you ever did see, a gift from my wife:

skeletonbrush_sm.jpg

Now that you all are jealous of this cool tool, I'll leave you all to lament the decrepitude that is your own foot hygiene brush. Green Scotchbrite, indeed :)!

I wouldn't know if i should scrub my feet with this or sacrafice a sheep to it ;)

Reactions: ThomDavid
Green Scotchbrite with soap it is for me too! (Seems to be a worldwide recognizable item for the international barefooter :))
It has it's special place in the shower (next to the soap) so as not to be confounded with similar sponges (on the floor) to clean the shower afterwards. :D
Sometimes I give my feet a treat: a hot footbath with a teaspoon full of baking soda. After an hour of soaking, my feet come out really clean.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7