first pair of VFF's

barnettcory

Barefooters
Sep 7, 2010
So my wife surprised me last night and went out and got me a pair of my first VFF KSO's. All black. I have to get womens size because my feet are, as one of my friends put, "itty bitty wittle guys". They measure at 9.5 inches. She got me a W38. First thought, WOW am I gonna be able to get these things on?! They are/still tight! They are snug on my feet but not scrunching my feet though. Which is I think how they are suppose to fit are they not? Though I am starting to get quicker at putting them on, lol!

As for running, I won't run in them for awhile. I want to walk in them as much as possible for a few weeks. Then gradually start running in them.

If you feel any pressure

If you feel any pressure being placed on your tendons through any of your toes, don't wear them, and especially don't run in them; you could cause serious damage. People think that pressure is normal, but it's not. Yes, you want them snug but without any pressure.

I don't feel any pressure,

I don't feel any pressure, the only thing that has even really bothered me in them is my pinky toe. It is the first time it has really been seperated from the other toe so it isn't used to it. Other than that, I don't have any pain while walking or anything.

That's good.  I had a problem

That's good. I had a problem where my pinkie toe on my left foot was being pressed upward causing strain on the tendon that runs along the 5th metatarsal. Another thing, you want to make sure that they are going to allow your feet to have room to swell.

I agree, I ordered my KSO's

I agree, I ordered my KSO's based on the sizing chart and my foot measurements. Mine fit snugly, but not too tight. However, once I go out running my feet do swell (I had never noticed this before). I can't do more than about 3 miles in my KSOs because at that point they start to rub and cause hot spots on the inner ball and big toe on both feet.

I still wear them for walking and water activities like kayaking and find them very comfortable for those purposes. If I ever decide to order another pair, they will definitly be at least a size bigger.

I have a new pair of Bikilas

I have a new pair of Bikilas for sale. I've only run in them barely three times, and each time was less than a mile or mile and a half. I have trouble remembering exactly. They are too large for me. They are gray/red Men's size 42. (I prefer the men's colors.) I will take 20% off and pay for shipping. Anyone? Please?

179902_lg.jpg

BC, maybe your little toe is

BC, maybe your little toe is just feeling separation anxiety. As soon as he realizes that his neighbor always comes back, he'll relax. I've seen it before.

TJ, I think my Bikilas are just excellent. My run with them today was stellar - 3.5 miles of muddy, root strewn, gravelly trail. I only wear them when I really need to give my soles a break after hurting them or on a really rough trail, but still, I think somebody will recognise a great deal and snap yours up. They're my size, but like I said, I've already got a pair that should last me years at the rate I use them.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7