Cleaning Feet

Barefoot Cassie

Barefooters
Sep 10, 2010
I have been having trouble getting my feet clean. I run almost 100% on asphalt. So I have the black sticky imbedded in the bottom of my feet. I have been using one of those scrubby things you can get for your dishes. I have tried a pumice stone. Both leave the bottom of my feet slightly grey looking since they are not coming all the way clean.

What else can I use?

I use Lava soap, seems to

I use Lava soap, seems to work out fine for me. I can't use brushes, I'm too ticklish.

I can give that a try...I'm

I can give that a try...I'm on the way to the store for superglue so I may as well pick some of that up too.

No, no, no.  Get a Scotch

No, no, no. Get a Scotch Brite scrubbing square. I use that and regular soap, and my feet look nicer than my friend Mindy's, who doesn't even run barefoot.

Barefoot TJ wrote:No, no,

Barefoot TJ said:
No, no, no. Get a Scotch Brite scrubbing square. I use that and regular soap, and my feet look nicer than my friend Mindy's, who doesn't even run barefoot.

I already have a scotch brite thing, it doesn't work well for me.

Not the one with the sponge

Not the one with the sponge attached to it. The other one. The one I have is maroon in color and very abrasive. Actually feels really good and does a great job of cleaning. I run mostly asphalt too.

TJ, mine is the maroon one

TJ, mine is the maroon one without the sponge attached as well.

Maybe if I combine it with the LAVA soap I will have cleaner feet.

I say just wear your layer

I say just wear your layer of tar with pride. Who knows maybe the look will catch on with the local hipsters and whatnot. Go on... set a trend ;)

I'm lucky in a way... running on the circa 1926 gritty sandpaper sidewalks in my neighborhood is all the exfoliation that I think I'll ever need.

S. Pimp

You could also try laundry

You could also try laundry detergent powder.

I also used to use that after working on cars all day. Nothing was as good as that as getting engrained grease off.

(It will also 'identify' any little cuts or scrapes in your skin!! In much the same way as a shower identifies any previously undiscovered chaffing after a run)

Marc

I just wash my feet, and then

I just wash my feet, and then whatever is left over I can usually walk off. Or it'll just come off in the shower, since I generally run right before I shower anyways. If you don't just want to wait for it to go away, and you don't need to take a shower, you can always just wait till your feet dry and then wash them again. That generally takes care of it for me, but then I don't really care as long as I don't have that funny dirt covered foot feeling (normal outside, weird an annoying inside.)

I think if you soak your feet

I think if you soak your feet in a bucket of warm water with a package of denture cleaning tablets for a couple hours, they'll sparkle like chrome!

j/k lol

BFwillie_g wrote:I think if

BFwillie_g said:
I think if you soak your feet in a bucket of warm water with a package of denture cleaning tablets for a couple hours, they'll sparkle like chrome!

j/k lol

Ahhh, that would be the life! Go for a run then have 2 hours to myself while I soak my feet.

As for my "normal" routine. I do my run, put on flip flops so I can walk through the house, go right to the shower, I leave my feet for last so they have some time to soak, then I clean them with soap and my hands, then I use the scotch bright scrubby pad with more soap on them. They always have a greyish tinge after I am all done.

Actually, something you can

Actually, something you can really try is udder balm (I think that's what it's called). Smear your feet with it at night and sleep with socks on. It's common stuff here, comes in different herbal "flavors" like geranium, arnica and a few others. It doesn't penetrate or moisturize the skin, so it won't make the soles of the feet overly soft. Should remove the gungus, though.

Liz wrote:I use a brush like

Liz said:
I use a brush like this one and shampoo. For some reason, shampoo has worked the best for me.

I once had a girlfriend who had a "brush" just like that! ;)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7