Change in training

hey, nick, I'm a math lady, and you are welcomed and encouraged to send me (can you pm on this forum? or is my email available?) anything in particular you are stuck on in the precalc: my degrees never serve me otherwise (math masters, working on stats phd, done a lot of tutoring in math, love precalc, but am always rusty on trig, though yes I'm very very sick in the head). and don't let anyone fool ya; math is hard, even for the smart.
It takes a lot, especially after years of not thinking that way, especially when trying to concentrate among a thousand grown up responsibilities (kids, spouse, etc).
When I'm stressed I will eat junk food I don't even like.
Especially when tired and cramming.
Best wishes for your retake.
Hope your summer will give you a breather.
:)

Funny thing is I used to love math. I've always been better than a lot of people with useable math, but my last math class and this one have just lost me... My teacher this term is a fantastic teacher and I get it when he explains it but by the time I get home I have forgotten something and then spiral into mass confusion. I've actually spent about 15 hours at the tutors so far this term and had a tutor get mad at me in front of everyone (pretty embarrassing) because this stuff comes easy to her but doesn't to me. Part of it is now we ignore rules that we've been taught since the 3rd grade and symbols don't mean the same thing and there's a lot of abstractness to this kind of math. Summer will be super hectic too with four classes (14 credits) but at least it should all be stuff I understand. Anyhow, probably enough of hijacking my own thread. :D

Joining in the hijack: Grad student here, too. I'll be done in two weeks and I cannot wait to be done! It has made the running schedule tough to keep up+lots of time sitting in front of a computer (offset somewhat by all the time standing/walking as a student teacher).

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon