BRS Toques?

Is there any chance that we might see a BRS-logoed toque? (For running/racing, not for street wear.)

It's getting cold up here in Canada, and we need to keep our melons warm.

Thanks!

Alan

I agree, I could use one of

I agree, I could use one of those to keep the ears from developing anymore frostbite, on those cold mornings

"A heavy stocking cap worn in

"A heavy stocking cap worn in Canada." (dictionary.com)

Runners wear tech-material toques when running in cold weather.

Alan

You want one of these?  I got

You want one of these? I got this off of Wikipedia.

220px-Alonso_S%C3%A1nchez_Coello_002b.jpg

Teasing!You're talking about

Teasing!

You're talking about just a knitted cap? To make sure, please post a picture or send us to a link.

Zum, can you check into this?

Hats is what we call them in

Hats is what we call them in Georgia too.

lmao, I can look into it. Not

lmao, I can look into it. Not sure if Zazzle has a toque...though I'll look to see what they have to offer. I agree though, a good warm hat/toque (whatever) is invaluable for winter running, I'm still trying to find a good one:)

"Hat" is a generic term for

"Hat" is a generic term for something you wear on your head. "Toque" is specific - like cowboy hat, sailor hat, top hat, etc.

The toque is a national icon here. Think of beer, hockey, Mounties, etc. The toque is right up there with those. Come to Canada in the winter, and you'll see toques everywhere. They're certainly not fashionable, they're often not pretty, but they do the job of keeping our heads warm, and so we wear them anyway.

And no, I'm not interested in ordering a BRS-branded spliff. I'm prepared to go a long way to support the organization, but not quite that far.

Alan

I'm so far north that we

I'm so far north that we drive due south to visit Canada, yet I had never heard the term 'til the Great White North ("Take off, you hoser") guys used it.

They also said that you guys call Canadian bacon "back bacon". Is that true?

Ah, so its a beanie. (That

Ah, so its a beanie. (That might also be a local thing, anyone else call knit caps beanies?) They have them for snowboarding and everything. They are actually kind of a fashion item here. But yeah, probably only Canadians call them Toques.

We call them beanies too,

We call them beanies too, beanies and hats. Beanies reminds me of those hats that have the little propeller on top. Alan, you want one of those? Hee.

My boys have toques from

My boys have toques from Canada. (Not that we really need them here in California), but the Sacramento Valley can get cold enough in the winter that the Canadian hats come in handy expecially covering their little ears. And they look so cute in them!

If we can get a toque with

If we can get a toque with pockets for keys, water, magazines etc. that would be great. Thanks

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7