Beware of ice!!

Bill B

Barefooters
Dec 28, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Went for a run about 2 days ago, was running down a back road that had a real light skiff of snow on it and I hit a patch of ice. Slipped real hard, but didn't actually fall. Really wrenched my shoulder somewhere between "*#ck this is going to hurt", and actually regaining my balance. Shoulder is slowly starting to come around. Got to pay more attention!! That could have been disastourous!

It's spring here in Georgia. Our Bradford Pear tree is in bloom, and the Easter flowers have been in bloom for a few weeks now. It's beautiful. We've had some 70s days and then some really cold snaps again.

I won't go running outside if it's below 60. I have this vision in my head that my feet will freeze to the pavement, it's very humid in Oregon, and my skin will just rip off. Hope you heal up soon, hurt shoulders can impede the simplest of tasks. Keep a warm pack on it.

I won't go running outside if it's below 60. I have this vision in my head that my feet will freeze to the pavement, it's very humid in Oregon, and my skin will just rip off. Hope you heal up soon, hurt shoulders can impede the simplest of tasks. Keep a warm pack on it.

You must be a actual barefooter! I have resorted to trail running on the xcountry ski trails near by. Very hilly, but not slippery! All in the bush around a couple of lakes, so it's very nice! My 4 legged partner is also very impressed!

You must be a actual barefooter! I have resorted to trail running on the xcountry ski trails near by. Very hilly, but not slippery! All in the bush around a couple of lakes, so it's very nice! My 4 legged partner is also very impressed!
I like to go to parks. I have about 10 nearby and they're all pretty soft to run on. I occasionally get stabbed by a pine needle on the forested trails but other than that it's pretty comfortable. Not many rocky areas.

Arianna, where at in Oregon are you? I'm in the Beaverton area and we have a pretty active chapter. I haven't done much barefooting lately due to an injury but hope to get back soon. I ran for two years barefoot or in minshoes. My first winter I ran barefoot most of the winter, my coldest down to 31 deg F. Anyhow, sign up for the Oregon chapter and meet some great people on a fun group run! I think they mostly run Wildwood Trail or sometimes out by the waterfront.

Arianna, where at in Oregon are you? I'm in the Beaverton area and we have a pretty active chapter. I haven't done much barefooting lately due to an injury but hope to get back soon. I ran for two years barefoot or in minshoes. My first winter I ran barefoot most of the winter, my coldest down to 31 deg F. Anyhow, sign up for the Oregon chapter and meet some great people on a fun group run! I think they mostly run Wildwood Trail or sometimes out by the waterfront.
I live in the outskirts of Oregon City. I'll sign up, it would be fun to run with fellow bare runners.

quote="dutchie53, post: 122900, member: 3655"]Don't you just love Canadian prarie weather. Just when we started to see some bare pavement in the Peg we got another cold front coming in as well. Not expecting as much snow as up your way, please do not send any out this way. :)[/quote]

Too late! Don't put the shovel away just yet!!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts