Another motivation thread - this time on "logging"

I use

I use http://www.runningahead.com/ to log in my runs, track mileage, and create routes. Been using it for about 5 years now, it's great.

I am kind of old school when it comes to running. I never wore a watch until last year I got a timex ironman watch for a gift. I used to look at the clock when I left the house and when I got back, that is how I used to figure out my pace, the watch helps now. The only time I will get a garmin is when I start to run trails, but I have no trails where I live. Heart rate monitor, never! As long as my heart beats when I am running, I will take that as a good sign.

Ha!

Ha!

I use the heart rate

I use the heart rate monitor!!!!!

I also get bored easily and run different routes all the time so without the Garmin, I would have no idea how far I ran.

Training by zones also helped me tremendously. I didn't start running until I was 38 and was totally out of shape. Once I had had a good solid year of running, I started looking at training zones and pushing myself a little harder. It made a big difference. I can't always go by feel because there are times when I feel great, but my heart rate is too high. Other times I want to quite, but my heart rate is low so I know I can push harder.

I have a freakishly high heart rate for a 41 year old woman, it is 208!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts