A Psychiatrist, a Dentist, and a Podiatrist Walk into a Funeral Home...

Longboard

Chapter Presidents
May 13, 2010
No seriously,
Yesterday I attended the funeral of a friend's 95 year old mother.
This amazing woman was the only surviving sibling of 12, she was alive but in poor health when the U.S. Army liberated her from the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp where she had been transferred to from Auschwitz.
We here at the BRS are familiar with stories of lousy doctors, but she had crossed paths with the worst ever in history: Dr. Josef Mengele had personally selected her to go off to work in the kitchen while sending her siblings to his lab for brutal medical experimentation and death.
I tried my best to listen to the words of every speaker, including the Rabbi and the several grand children, after all I had known her since I was 12.
One problem though......seated immediately to my right was a 65 year old psychiatrist who takes his marathon training very seriously, and right next to him was the podiatrist.
The entire time the runner mentioned pretty much every anatomical component of the running system I've ever heard of, along with every type of shoe including Vibrams. The podiatrist gave every answer and comment the same: get some rest, you're over training, you've been running for decades and are now 65!
I guess I missed quite a bit of the eulogy, but I did manage to catch the bigger story.
With all those wonderful successful in life grand children, children, and friends, she was living proof.......that Hitler had failed in his plan.
Oh, and yes, the wind chill was below zero F at the cemetery ........Vivo Barefoot Jays, in black.
Same indoors at the funeral home, I've never met a Holocaust Survivor that understood voluntary barefootedness so out of respect....

I would have liked to know more about her as well, Board. Too bad some people can be so disrespectful!

Good thing the psychiatrist had no pressing dental issues. Might have had no story!

Perhaps the psychiatrist sat between the dentist and the podiatrist because he knew he was going to put his foot in his mouth. ;)
Sweet!

Yes, Board is a dentist. :beaver:

Perhaps the psychiatrist sat between the dentist and the podiatrist because he knew he was going to put his foot in his mouth. ;)

We never did get the "rimshot" smiley TJ!

Reactions: Barefoot TJ

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7