WHY DO I DO IT?!?!?!

Haselsmasher

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2010
"Hello, my name is Jim and I'm a recovering running shoe forum participant."

Why do I go there? What compels me to "look in and see what is going on"? The only thing it does is make me mad.

Man - what a hard habit to break. I'd like to think I keep going there because I'm such a helpful guy.
bigsmile.png
But I know the helpee needs to want the type of help the helper is providing. And in this case - there is most definitely not alignment.

OK - I feel better now. I'm with my peeps. Thanks for listening.

Jim

You dirty masochist you... I

You dirty masochist you... I dig it!

What's funny is I'm the most

What's funny is I'm the most conflict-averse person you've ever met.

No good stories - just the usual: "I'm having this trouble and that trouble and trouble and I'm 100% sure if I get a different shoe everything will be totally fine. Should I run in Asics or New Balance?" "I'm a massive over pronator and I have orthotics and motion control shoes and I still pronate too much. What do I do?" "Should I replace my shoes at 300 miles or 350 miles?" "No matter how hard you strengthen your muscles anywhere in your body you can't correct bad mechanics. End of discussion." (That last one really was said.)

ARGH!

See now that's

See now that's entertainment.

I get a kick out of hearing those discussions whenever I'm at the running store shopping for fancy running clothes I can't afford. Makes me feel silently...........enlightened. for just a moment, anyways.

You don't participate, do you? Because it's clear they should choose new balance with orthotics. No, ascics with cushioned inserts. No............stilts with casts. Or somethin......

So you went over "there," and

So you went over "there," and started talking smack. Tsk, tsk, tsk. When will we learn. Teasing you, Jim. :)

NIKE

NIKE FWWWWWWEEEEEEZZZZZEEEEEEE!!!!!

I have the same strange

I have the same strange addiction...except I go to the RW Barefoot Forum to scan the topics and expect to see discussions about barefoot running for some reason...weird. I wish I could just cut the cord and be done with that place but for some reason I keep checking, just to see. I think Chaser got banned on purpose.

Chaser getting banned on

Chaser getting banned on purpose. Now THAT is a great idea! Go out, on purpose, in a blaze of glory.

I know it's ceremonial - and I kid you not - but about 15 min ago I deleted the three bookmarks I had (Barefooting, Injuries, and Shoes) from my bookmarks folder.

talonraid wrote:I have the

talonraid said:
I have the same strange addiction...except I go to the RW Barefoot Forum to scan the topics and expect to see discussions about barefoot running for some reason...weird.

That was my intent when we started that forum, but too many "barefoot shoe" runners started stopping by clouding the environment with their, "Can anyone help me? I got TOFP while running barefoot in my VFFs."

talonraid wrote:I think

talonraid said:
I think Chaser got banned on purpose.

I think he's working on the same thing here. :stare:

Barefoot TJ wrote: That was

Barefoot TJ said:
That was my intent when we started that forum, but too many "barefoot shoe" runners started stopping by clouding the environment with their, "Can anyone help me? I got TOFP while running barefoot in my VFFs."

Does that mean they were sockless in their shoes? It's an oxy moron that doesn't make sense. People are confused about what barefoot is thanks to shoe companies and their "barefoot shoes".

My Nikes set me free. 

My Nikes set me free. Because the last pair of Nikes I got fit like @$$ and I wanted to throw them in the garbage, except they cost $125. So yeah, because of that I want nothing else to do with them, except maybe sell them.

Sell!  Sell!  Sell!  or burn.

Sell! Sell! Sell! or burn.

I just went on a small

I just went on a small preaching binge on the RW injury forum.. it's just too temping. The RW barefoot forum is completely inundated with minimalist shoe issues, and people don't take kindly to "purists."

I'm going to throw up.Now

I'm going to throw up.

Now see, that's why we specifically created the Gear & Footwear forum over here, so people who want to talk about shoes can talk about shoes, and people who want to avoid shoe talk can avoid shoe talk. It works well and makes for a friendlier environment.

The unfortunate thing is, so

The unfortunate thing is, so many injured runners that go to forums like the RW injury forum are so broken down and beaten up by shoes that they are genuinely desperate for suggestions to cure their ailments... and some I think would be open minded to trying bfr/mr if the option is presented to them. Now I know that's no excuse to go treading in barefoot unfriendly territory, so then the logical question would be (as asked by OP) WHY DO I DO IT?!?!?!

What they need "over there"

What they need "over there" is a sticky titled "If you are tired of suffering from injuries in your boat anchors, give barefoot running a try."

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7